The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Tomorrow's NY Times reviews in the Book Section book by Junot Diaz.
Sounds fabulous! Could someone post/tell me how to post the link ? Sample quote " What's more sci-fi than Santo Domingo"?
Thought you would enjoy.
john

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
There was some positive feedback/reviews about this book discussed in the "Dominicans Abraod" thread earlier this week going back to September 4 FYI.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
There was some positive feedback/reviews about this book discussed in the "Dominicans Abraod" thread earlier this week going back to September 4 FYI.

Sorry about that. Was out of touch-down south on biz and thought I was a ahead of the curve.

Ant

Feb 1, 2002
The film rights to the book have been purchased by Miramax, and producer Scott Rudin. Should make a great movie, if done right.

Variety Article

engels64

Feb 27, 2007
The film rights to the book have been purchased by Miramax, and producer Scott Rudin. Should make a great movie, if done right.

Variety Article

I would love to watch the movie....I think for it to work the writer will have to be heavily involved in the project. I have seen films that were great books but when they go the "big" screen they get lost in translation. Hopefully that will not be the case here. Much success to Junot.