The relatonship Of Banco Popular to the US Embassy

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Could someone explain what this relationship is? ie: BP collects a fee for an appointment/pin number for the embassy, be it new visa, visa re-isssue, etc.Is BP the sole agency for issurance of a cita with the embassy?
Why? How much do they make?

john

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am not sure that it is the sole agency, although i would understand if it was.
BPD is the largest private commercial banking institution in the DR, and has more branches than anyone else, so it is accessible to a larger public. Makes sense to use it.
Do they get a cut? I imagine so. Wouldn't you want a small percentage if you were responsible for something so important>??

HB

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I am not sure that it is the sole agency, although i would understand if it was.
BPD is the largest private commercial banking institution in the DR, and has more branches than anyone else, so it is accessible to a larger public. Makes sense to use it.
Do they get a cut? I imagine so. Wouldn't you want a small percentage if you were responsible for something so important>??

HB
I would want not only a small cut but a big cut. So, does the DR gov. not get a piece of this big pie?
john