Satellite Dishes

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
I understand that there are locally made 'parabolas' (criollas) and imported ones.
Although the local stuff (6 ft) does work one could probably use a smaller size (maybe 4 ft) of the more accurate makes 'de fuera'.
What do you recommend?
I'd appreciate offers from sellers or any tips where to get a good dish.

Any second hand ones around?
Thank you.

Janin

Caz

May 15, 2004
Dish and other stuff

We have a 1.2 M dish of US manufacture avaialble with mounts AZ/EL , Pole and Ballast Tray if you are interested. It was for a satelite internet system on the KU band that was recently been decommisioned and less than a year old.

There is all the other stuff too - 3 Watt BUC/LNB , Satelite modem etc also availalble.

If you are interested PM me

Caz

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Sat Link via Mules

Hope this helps.
Buena suerte locating one... and more luck getting it up to your house. ;)

Thank you for the interesting link.
Mules could carry a 6ft dish up the mountain, could they not? ;) :bunny:

Janin

pedrodominicus

Dec 2, 2003
I’ve had a US made Channel Master (6ft) dish for over 10 years, still like new and its been through several hurricanes. Two years ago I bought a locally made dish. I inspected it a few weeks ago to find the fiber glass surface badly cracked (sun damage) and in need of repair. The local dish has always given 15-20% less signal strength. Be careful with the local dishes, you get what you pay for.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
There are different type of local dishes, the dishes made in Santiago ( gray ) and San Cristobal ( Sirus ) are not good at all, hardly work for a second lnb set-up ( poor mans dish )

Regards,