Can anyone tell me a good place to stay in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

desdelsur2004

Oct 2, 2007
Hello;

About four of us are taking a trip to Sosua in the begining of November.. I need to know a good, not so expensive place to stay that is friendly to additional guests being brought in, depending on the hunt. I would like a place in the center of town that is on the beach or at least walking distance.

Please respond as soon as possible. Thanks.

Sep 19, 2005
I stayed with these people one trip and the room was very nice for the price. about $55 a night. brand new place!!!!

basically on pedro clisante but east about 10 blocks from the main bar area.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]Isaira Tours [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]Phone: 809-320-1433 / CellPhone: 809-696-3151 [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]http://www.isairatours.com[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]E-mail (1): [/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]espinal30@msn.com[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]E-mail (2): [/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]espinal30@hotmail.com[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif] New!!!!!! Apartments handled by Isaira Tours..... [/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]http://www.sosuahorizonapartments.com[/FONT]

bob

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I stayed with these people one trip and the room was very nice for the price. about $55 a night. brand new place!!!!

basically on pedro clisante but east about 10 blocks from the main bar area.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]Isaira Tours [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]Phone: 809-320-1433 / CellPhone: 809-696-3151 [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]http://www.isairatours.com[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]E-mail (1): [/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]espinal30@msn.com[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]E-mail (2): [/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]espinal30@hotmail.com[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif] New!!!!!! Apartments handled by Isaira Tours..... [/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]http://www.sosuahorizonapartments.com[/FONT]

bob

Bob,

Definitely nice place - but not guest friendly, which was one of the OP's criteria.

Gregg

Sep 19, 2005
I dont know how it isnt guest friendly..it is maybe 4 to 6 APARTMENTS only. And I never saw a manager there ever!!

I brought my gf with me and we came home late a few nights after 2 am...there was NO ONE around!!!!

there is no front desk!! there is no front foyer-entrance area!!!...it is just like condos.

I know I always have checked in with my gf who is dominican, and when we come back to all the hotels we have ever stayed at, late at night, the people working those late hours have seldom if ever been the same who checked us in...and no one ever asked if she was with me when I checked in or said anything...

have we just been lucky?

bob

baltojohn

Apr 1, 2007
I remember reading on another site (can't remember which one) that a hotel owned by a german just opened up and its located very close to Rocky's. I'm curious if anyone knows the name and if it's a decent place to stay. I'll look for the name later if I find its name.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I remember reading on another site (can't remember which one) that a hotel owned by a german just opened up and its located very close to Rocky's. I'm curious if anyone knows the name and if it's a decent place to stay. I'll look for the name later if I find its name.
He's actually Dutch, and it's one of the websites I mentioned above.
Hotel Restaurant Casa Valeria, Sosua

baltojohn

Apr 1, 2007
Thanks Marco - A response in 60 seconds? That's what I call prompt service!(same problem I have with my gf)

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I dont know how it isnt guest friendly..it is maybe 4 to 6 APARTMENTS only. And I never saw a manager there ever!!

I brought my gf with me and we came home late a few nights after 2 am...there was NO ONE around!!!!

there is no front desk!! there is no front foyer-entrance area!!!...it is just like condos.

I know I always have checked in with my gf who is dominican, and when we come back to all the hotels we have ever stayed at, late at night, the people working those late hours have seldom if ever been the same who checked us in...and no one ever asked if she was with me when I checked in or said anything...

have we just been lucky?

bob

Hi Bob,

You're definitely a lucky man, but I digress - LOL. I'm not sure a gringo with a steady gf is the target market to stop when I say not guest friendly...

It's actually 12 one bedroom apartments on three floors.

I'm only repeating what my friend (the owner) said when he was showing my wife and I around the last few times I've been to Sosua. I don't know anything about how he intends to control this. I do know he has turned down several permanent rentals (who wanted to put in revolving doors - LOL).

Gregg

Sep 19, 2005
Hello;

I need to know a good, not so expensive place to stay that is friendly to additional guests being brought in, depending on the hunt. I would like a place in the center of town that is on the beach or at least walking distance.

Please respond as soon as possible. Thanks.

well there are ZERO ...ON THE BEACH

what is walking distance? 5 minutes 10 minutes?

any hotel not on the beach means you are walking to Sosua beach...which is at least 5 minutes or more from Rockys.

most hotels that fall into the catergory inexspensive by the average Sosua Tourists view would be the same distance or further than rockys.

disclaimer:I am not sure if any of the big hotels east of Sosua By The Sea allow the public to access the beach in front of their hotels...

teh one apartment I rent and listed previously is inexspensive to me, but NOT close to the beach at all.

I have been to the Garden Hotel, and actually rented four different rooms for my group and got to see them each. One was a very large room , but no A/C only a fan... and it was only $40 a night and had a queen sized bed.
another room we put three guys into and that was only $35 a night. my room with a/c was $45 a night...bathroom was too small , otherwise an OK room... nothing to write home about, but a good deal for the money.

I think the best deal over all, location quality of the room and price was the Pier Giorgio at about $85 a night for two people....if you can still get that price....nice clean rooms and baths.

at all these places i have been , I have no idea if they would object or not to bringing women found out and about during the night back to the room.

good luck

bob

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Aren't you being presumptuous, the OP never stated their sex or sexual orientation.

tambo'

Well he/she better speak up quick before he/he, he/she, she/she, or she/he ends up in the wrong hotel. The only type of lodging that has not been mentioned is a "short stay".

Sep 19, 2005
Hi Bob,

You're definitely a lucky man, but I digress - LOL. I'm not sure a gringo with a steady gf is the target market to stop when I say not guest friendly...

It's actually 12 one bedroom apartments on three floors.

I'm only repeating what my friend (the owner) said when he was showing my wife and I around the last few times I've been to Sosua. I don't know anything about how he intends to control this. I do know he has turned down several permanent rentals (who wanted to put in revolving doors - LOL).

Gregg

three floor!!!!

dammm I have to start looking up more often!! ha ha ha ha

yeah now that you triggered my mind 4 apartments on each of the two floors I did see!!

I am sure that they( the hotels) dont want to stop repeat tourist who might like to return to a good favored hotel.....BUT

how do they know a dominican GF in the arms of a gringo from a one night stand each night?

unless they saw them check in together

PS: thanks! if your gonna get tied down make it a good one!!

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.