Golf coach wanted!

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Hi,

I am interested in learning golf. I know nothing about the game. I'd like to get some lessons to learn the basics.

Is there anyone in Santiago who might be interested in teaching me? (I can pay). Where are the closest golf courses to Santiago?

Adrian

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Adrian

There are a few coaches at Las Aromas Golf Course here in Santiago just on the other side of the river Yaque from downtown. there is an American guy who is a very good player and coach who gives free lessons. I think he prefers to play with people who already have some experience. Failing that, there are two brothers that teach there and I think they charge like RD400 per lesson. There phone # is (809) 247-7777.

Also, don't buy you're clubs there as they are almost twice as much as what you will pay in the States. You can buy new and used clubs online from Golfsmith in the States and they will ship it to your house in two days with all duties included.

BTW, nice party the other night. I had a good time talking with your friends and brother. Me and MrMike had a good discussion until we both started seeing double and had to call it a night. Next time I will bring the wife as she chewed me out for getting home so late!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Adrian:
John Allen is a former PGA professional who happens to like to teach golf. He is available in the afternoons.
The two brothers are the sons of Mr. Guillermo G?mez who used to teach here and in Puerto Plata (among other places) Both William and his brother are good teachers.

You can rent clubs, buy used ones--off eBay if you so desire, but go slow, as there are a lot of guys looking to to make a buck. Talk to me before you do.

The Las Aromas Golf Club is located across the bridge. Second turn to the right (first one past the Shell Station.)

I am sorry I cannot accompany you but things are kinds hectic right now. Call me and we can talk.

HB

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Thanks guys. I won't be buying clubs anytime soon.

Do either of you have a phone number for John Allen?

Adrian