Cost and Whereabouts of Goods

E-Inc

Feb 11, 2005
I will be returning shortly and am looking to make a few upgrades to the living conditions of my local adopted family. Can anyone give a ballpark price as well as a location to by these goods within the POP area. I am looking for a generator as well as a new bed(s). As always thanks for the help. Guess I should have priced these things before, but it never came to mind.

E-

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I will be returning shortly and am looking to make a few upgrades to the living conditions of my local adopted family. Can anyone give a ballpark price as well as a location to by these goods within the POP area. I am looking for a generator as well as a new bed(s). As always thanks for the help. Guess I should have priced these things before, but it never came to mind.

E-

Beds: Depends what kind of beds. Many Dominicans who aren't too well off, use a bed frame which is commonly made by locals in the barrios. I know one in Sosua Bajo, but not the price. Some appliance and furnitures stores sell them too, but less cheap.
For generators I would first check the big "Ferreterias" in Santo Domingo and Santiago. For smaller ones also Price Mart.

... J-D.