Center of Cabarete on Fire

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
fire in cabarete

just heard that fire had been in one shop on the left side (looking direction
sosua). It's now extinguished, they told.
sabra

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
fire in cabarete

rocky, this is what I was told. I didn't see by myself. Will later
go to the "city" and have a look.
saludas, sabra

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A restaurant on the South side of the street had a fire. This is the place that used to be a Sports Bar with two floors. It is now owned by an Italian. There was extensive damage. Also a cell phone store was on fire.

Everything is under control now, and no more problems are anticipated.

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
Thank you all... It looks like the person who phoned me exaggerated a lot. If it's only one shop in the center of town, it's not the center of the town that's on fire. Maybe she heard from another person and from mouth to mouth it's was blown out of proportion!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Thank you all... It looks like the person who phoned me exaggerated a lot. If it's only one shop in the center of town, it's not the center of the town that's on fire. Maybe she heard from another person and from mouth to mouth it's was blown out of proportion!

Yes, she blew it out of proportion, but you posted it. There are people on this board that live there and you scared a lot of them with your header.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
fire in cabarete

What Sky wrote, I saw now, have been there a few minutes ago.
the shops are burned out complete. seems all under control. I'm sorry for
the shops owners.
A guy told me that up to now they don't know the reason of the fire.
sabra

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Just came back from town. Appears to have mostly impacted 2nd floor of building across the street from Tiki Bar.

Being cleaned up very quickly. By mid-afternoon, it will simply be a block building with no roof, doors, windows, but otherwise clean.

I suspect it was a pretty good blaze & probably did look as if "Center of Cabarete" was on fire. Thank goodness it was contained. Imagine had the winds been blowing heavily as they do at times around here.