Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post Center of Cabarete on Fire

    Someone phoned me from Cabarete telling me that the center of cabarete was on fire this early morning...
    Anybody aware of this?

  2. #2
    Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    13,844
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenatoSosua View Post
    Someone phoned me from Cabarete telling me that the center of cabarete was on fire this early morning...
    Anybody aware of this?
    Nothing on channel 3 right now, but will let you know if the subject comes up.

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default fire in cabarete

    just heard that fire had been in one shop on the left side (looking direction
    sosua). It's now extinguished, they told.
    sabra

  4. #4
    Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    13,844
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabra View Post
    just heard that fire had been in one shop on the left side (looking direction
    sosua). It's now extinguished, they told.
    sabra
    Thanks Sabra.
    So it's safe to say it was just one shop that was affected?

  5. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default fire in cabarete

    rocky, this is what I was told. I didn't see by myself. Will later
    go to the "city" and have a look.
    saludas, sabra

  6. #6
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A restaurant on the South side of the street had a fire. This is the place that used to be a Sports Bar with two floors. It is now owned by an Italian. There was extensive damage. Also a cell phone store was on fire.

    Everything is under control now, and no more problems are anticipated.

  7. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thank you all... It looks like the person who phoned me exaggerated a lot. If it's only one shop in the center of town, it's not the center of the town that's on fire. Maybe she heard from another person and from mouth to mouth it's was blown out of proportion!

  8. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenatoSosua View Post
    Thank you all... It looks like the person who phoned me exaggerated a lot. If it's only one shop in the center of town, it's not the center of the town that's on fire. Maybe she heard from another person and from mouth to mouth it's was blown out of proportion!
    Yes, she blew it out of proportion, but you posted it. There are people on this board that live there and you scared a lot of them with your header.

  9. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default fire in cabarete

    What Sky wrote, I saw now, have been there a few minutes ago.
    the shops are burned out complete. seems all under control. I'm sorry for
    the shops owners.
    A guy told me that up to now they don't know the reason of the fire.
    sabra

  10. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,241
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just came back from town. Appears to have mostly impacted 2nd floor of building across the street from Tiki Bar.

    Being cleaned up very quickly. By mid-afternoon, it will simply be a block building with no roof, doors, windows, but otherwise clean.

    I suspect it was a pretty good blaze & probably did look as if "Center of Cabarete" was on fire. Thank goodness it was contained. Imagine had the winds been blowing heavily as they do at times around here.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •