please wear your seat belts

S

sokitoumi

do not forget to wear your seat belts- the police are in the mood for collecting funds for their christmas party so you will be fined

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Yes there is a law and they love to hit us ex pats with the fine.....

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Add to that don't be talking on the cell phone while driving. Another donation to the Xmas fund.

Bob K

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Seat Belts

Oh, so that's it. The annual X-mas party fund???? Well, just know that they are really out there raking it in. I know; got caught last Friday (my husband was driving not me). But it wasn't fun at all. Took up half the day to get the fees paid, etc. I've had my seatbelt on ever since; can't say the same about my husband; he's got a hard head (lol). The crazy thing is that before moving to the DR, I NEVER, EVER got in a vehicle without automatically putting on the seatbelt. Got here and got some bad habits. Ten cuidado!:cheeky:

jcrew20

Jun 22, 2005
I am pretty sure that only the driver has to wear thier seatbelt, the other passengers in the car don't have to wear one.

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
That actually happened to someone I know. Also, I like having that 1.2 extra seconds to exit the vehicle if need be.

I once tested the strenght of a fiat 127 versus a volvo 244. It was a draw. I survived due to the safetybelt. My car was at his longest point 98 cm shorter than original and 54 cm les wide. I walked away with some cracked ribs and cuts from smashing the windshield with my hand. In the volvo on the other hand the passanger didn't wear seatbelts and spnded more than 8 months in hospital recovering from the accident

My choise is made