Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting rid of pigeons

Does anyone know how to get rid of pigeons? We have a lot of them flying around and landing on the windows outside my apartment.

They land on the ledge of the window of my kitchen and leave a lot of feathers and fluff which gets into the kitchen and scatters in my apartment. I find this to be quite unsanitary, and all the noise they make is very annoying. I don't like the avian-bird-flu potential either.

Solutions which don't involve killing them would be ideal.

Adrian

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

They are very unsanitary, as you said.
    Other than a Peregrine Falcon, I have no solutions, but I bet you Google does.

getting rid of pigeons - Google Search

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

They come for food, make sure that neighbors are not feeding them...That is the only reason they come to a building...someone must given them "food"...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You can purchase strips that are like (simular)tape with tacks sticking. This will make in uncomfortable for them to roost and they will look for an alternative, like your neighbours. As someone who has spent many years trying to keep them out of Aircraft Hangars I can tell you there are many items that will work temporarly but the only permanent solution is a bullet or poision and I'm sure you don't want to use either.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen people place a plastic owl on their window sill. I think this scares away the pigeons.

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dr_qt View Post
    I have seen people place a plastic owl on their window sill. I think this scares away the pigeons.
    Thanks for bringing that up, I had forgotten about that. Will bring one of those plastic owls back on my next trip to the states.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINCAN BOY View Post
    That would be good for the ladrone, a little bad for family and friends.

Birds of a different feather, my problems is not pigeons, but birds that love to make nests under the barrel tiles of the roof.

dr_qt posts was a great reminder about the plastic owls, even tho I have one in Florida, it never entered my mind to bring one here.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Get A Cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also works on mice,spiders,snakes,frogs,centipedes,etc. I hate cats,but love how clean of "Varmits" (the 4 legged ones excepted!) they keep the house!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

We were "Cat Free" for a few months and the mice came back! Got two kittens last week,NO MORE MICE, from day one!!
    "I hate MICES To Pieces"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tried the plastic owl I personally didn't have much luck with it but I see a lot of people have them hanging to scare off pigeons. It's a mystery on how to get rid of them for me??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast