Fishing in Barahona

Ted45

Oct 17, 2006
Hello All,
I'll be spending some time in Barahona and surrounding area, are there any fishing tour operators available to arrange fishing excursions.
Thanks,
Ted

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hello All,
I'll be spending some time in Barahona and surrounding area, are there any fishing tour operators available to arrange fishing excursions.
Thanks,
Ted
It's not a very touristy zone, so you might not find tour operators, per se, but I bet you can walk up to anyone who has a boat around there, and either hire him, or he'll direct you to the right people.

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
Fishing

To go fishing, I have hired Yoleros in Bahruco, a beautiful small fishing village west of Barahona. You can bring your own gear or use their hand lines. You need to supply all water, food, etc. They bring nothing in this regard. Call me if you want details. 809-875-1652

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
To go fishing, I have hired Yoleros in Bahruco, a beautiful small fishing village west of Barahona. You can bring your own gear or use their hand lines. You need to supply all water, food, etc. They bring nothing in this regard. Call me if you want details. 809-875-1652

In Bahoruco you can speak with Francisco Moreta (alias Ponchera), tell him I sent you, he was raised by my grandmother and is almost family to me. He is an experienced fisherman and if he can't take you he'll get some honest person to take you. You can ask anyone in Bahoruco for Ponchera, use his alias because that's how everyone knows him.

Feb 15, 2005
But Marilyns advice is best. Go with soemone she trusts. You enjoy the best time, not to mention that a few dollars for them will be awesome.