Codetel - How to get a credit :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Yes, they offer the option of getting a credit for failure to provide DSL service.

Procedure:

1) Call (809) 220 1111 and work your way to the tech support department.
Tell them you have no service etc. They will record your phone number and this is proof of no service.

2) Do they same step above an hour or so later if you still have no service.

3) Call (809) 220 1111 and press "0" this will transfer you to an operator.
Tell them you want a credit and that you have reported a problem.
They will then issue you a credit claim number and will advise you that a credit will appear on your next bill.

Keep repeating the steps above until you get your DSL service back.

Good luck!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
During step one you should be given a reference number.

I thought you only got a credit if they failed to resolve the problem within the stated time - 3 working days?

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
We don't get no service, we get intermittent service. On a bad day it will work for 1 minute then not work for 3 minutes.

Adrian

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You are paying for a particular plan at a particular speed, this is the service they are contracted to supply.

Step 1 is just to report the problem so it's recorded on their system.

This is why you need to periodically keep reporting the outage, so the time is accrued.

Ilana, Lu is up to RD$110 in credits so far today, lets see how far he gets :)

They are aware that the service is bad and they are receiving a huge amount of complaints right now. The more people that push for a credit, the more chance they will actually do something to fix their DNS issues.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Ok, I'm in. I'll start getting these outages reported every hour from now on in Santiago. Ironically internet access is rock solid so far today.

If it was a DNS issue, using openDNS would solve the problem. I'm pretty sure its something else.

Adrian

DunHill

Aug 29, 2003
www.dunhill.ws
We did this in Juan Dolio on a DSL line

result:
We got the message that our account would be cancelled and that we had to go to SPM to confirm that.
5 minutes later the whole DSL service on that line was gone.

Next day call 1111 (over a cellphone) to complain that there is no service (another operator) that told "sorry, i think there is a mistake here, i will reconnect you immediately"

And the user is still connected (still crappy service/connection)

So , if you complain too much, codetel has the power just to disconnect you, but because of their lousy communication/administration , 1 day later you can reconnect easily.
Just play as dumb as they are

A.