DR to Haiti ?

S

Sharon

My boyfriend and I will be travelling to Punta Cana July 1 for a much needed vacation. Unfortunately, we just found out that his father is ill (he lives in Port au Prince). My boyfriend may need to take a trip there during our vacation time. Does anyone have any info on flights from Santo Domingo to PAP? Appreciate the help ! As a side note - I'm so impressed with the quality of this board - just found it today !

J

Jim Hinsch

American Airlines flys it with a connection in Miami out of AILA (SDQ). Schedules available on Expedia. Contact a travel agent in the Dominican Republic for other options (www.BocaChicaBeach.net/links.html - see Travel Agencies and Tour Representatives).

Jim Hinsch
JimHinsch@CSI.COM

D

Dummy

Try to contact some of the small companies listed in:http://www.caribinfo.com/directory/ctravlinks/cairline.html
Hiring a small plane isn't as costly as some think, SDQ-PAP shouldn't take more than an hour.
I'm not sure if Air Santo Domingo still flys, they used to go daily.

D

DR1

daily scheduled air service

Caribair offers daily flights to Haiti from Herrera Airport in Santo Domingo. Tel. 809 547-2767

Their flights depart from Herrera at 8:30 and 1:30 pm, arriving to Haiti at 11:30 and 3:30 pm. It is a 50 minute flight. Note there is an hour time difference between Haiti and the DR. On Sundays, there is only one flight, departing at 10 am.

The price is RD$2,720 round trip.

S

Sharon

Re: daily scheduled air service

Really appreciate the answers and help - you guys have eased our minds somewhat - thanks again!

S

Sarah

Hour time difference from Haiti to DR?

So if it's noon in the DR, what time is it in Haiti? 11am or 1pm? Is this year-round? Thanks, Sarah