Armed security guard in SD

cuas

May 29, 2006
Can anymore recommend me a company that can serve in the parte oriental for a week or less?
We have a big problem with our mother's house. Trying to evict somebody leasing the first floor (it is bakery) and it is taking so long. We fixed the second floor to sell the house after the eviction. The drug dealers took over the second floor, stole all windows, cabinets and doors. Now it became their punto. We heard the leaser is involved. We heard the police comes around for their piece. Now we heard the government wants to take the house.

Now we are trying to seal all the holes left in the house with cement, but we need security until the cement gets hard. Also the second floor has been used as their bathroom. It has to be cleaned before being sealed.
We do not know how long we have to wait how the eviction.
Our house is called LITTLE COLOMBIA.

PLEASE-SUGGESTION
OUR HANDS OUR TIGHT
The house is located in Los Mina

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Crazy idea for you

Can anymore recommend me a company that can serve in the parte oriental for a week or less?
We have a big problem with our mother's house. Trying to evict somebody leasing the first floor (it is bakery) and it is taking so long. We fixed the second floor to sell the house after the eviction. The drug dealers took over the second floor, stole all windows, cabinets and doors. Now it became their punto. We heard the leaser is involved. We heard the police comes around for their piece. Now we heard the government wants to take the house.

Now we are trying to seal all the holes left in the house with cement, but we need security until the cement gets hard. Also the second floor has been used as their bathroom. It has to be cleaned before being sealed.
We do not know how long we have to wait how the eviction.
Our house is called LITTLE COLOMBIA.

PLEASE-SUGGESTION
OUR HANDS OUR TIGHT
The house is located in Los Mina

The only reason why I am replying to this is because--I have a friend that lives in Los Mina. She is a 300lb., built like a wine barrel woman, that manages a small biz. I have in SD.
I will be there the week of 10-21 and I will speak to her about ideas if you want me to or don't get a better solution.
Let me know.
john

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
As this problem has been going on for a year now, and I'm supposing by your post above that you are now close to being able to formally evict the drug dealers/squatters, I would think that the forces (police and/or military) who assist in dislodging these people, might be able to give you some temporary security (for a certain fee) while you get the place patched up.
As the criminals who are now squatting there are known to be violent, I would expect that the job would be a bit too dangerous for an everyday watchman.

cuas

May 29, 2006
The drug dealers on the second floor are just staying there. Can we evict somebody without renting to them? The police in the neighborhood are afraid of them amd leave them alone.
. We are evicting the people on the first floor but he appealled and now we have to wait.
Where should we go to get help?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The drug dealers on the second floor are just staying there. Can we evict somebody without renting to them? The police in the neighborhood are afraid of them amd leave them alone.
. We are evicting the people on the first floor but he appealled and now we have to wait.
Where should we go to get help?
I guess I supposed wrong.
I thought you had gone through all the legal procedures necessary to evict squatters and were now on the cusp of the physical removal.
You've got a big job ahead of you if you want to do this legally.
Get ready to spend a lot of time and money on this.
First, you need a good lawyer, then a ton of patience and a good deal of money.
Evicting squatters can take years.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
We had squatters who were drug users move into our old house in the centre of Puerto Plata when the house was empty & up for sale. The neighbours near the old house told us what was going on - first thing Grahame did was to go to the police and tell them that the activity was not something we condoned. We also told the British Hon. Consul (who is himself ex-police). Then we put a resident caretaker family in who cleaned the place up and did some improvements in exchange for not having to pay rent (this was a family we knew). Eventually, when the house sold, we bought the caretaker family a house in Santiago (it doesn't cost much to get a small Dominican style house).

I don't know if there is anything in this which would be of help. Are you a US citizen, cuas? Maybe notification to DEA section of US Embassy along with notification to DNCD (the higher up in the DNCD the better, I'd say)? Unlike you we didn't have anyone refusing to move out - the squatter junkies left when we put the family in there. If they had to be 'persuaded' to leave, no-one told us, but they went!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
This thread has the makings of a script for a movie. Damn, if I only knew how to write!
john

cuas

May 29, 2006
I am a US citizen, as well as 2 other sisters, but my mother is a Aruba citizen. We am contacting another lawyer at this moment , maybe he can safe the from being taking by the governemnt.
Thank you for all the advises I can get. Nobody wants to move in because of the drug activities.
Well I have to tell my friend the lawyer if he takes to case to go to the police to report the drug dealers officially.
THANK YOU. now i know in what directions to move.
Any security guard company? we have to seal the house.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Taking the roof off

I seem to remember, some time back, about a guy who had a similar problem that suggested taking the roof off the house as he did.
Anybody remember this post?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I seem to remember, some time back, about a guy who had a similar problem that suggested taking the roof off the house as he did.
Anybody remember this post?
I suspect that the drug dealers might not take too kindly to workers coming in to remove the roof.
Just talking the workers into going in there without AK 47s would be near impossible, unless they were severely IQ challenged.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's the always big trouble problem which doesn't have a always working/perfect solution.
if the local police refuses to take care about some wellknown drug assw*** doing their dirty shi** in your house, and the first thing should be that you/your lawyer inform them oficially, a written report of which you keep the copy, then i would do 2 things together at the same time.
* informing my embassy about the leak of action by the police
* getting in touch with a member of the Press and publish the well known problem, together with copies of the police report.
if they see that this kind of stuff get's public they can not keep it within their local police community, so they have to act.
good luck
Mike

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
that's the always big trouble problem which doesn't have a always working/perfect solution.
if the local police refuses to take care about some wellknown drug assw*** doing their dirty shi** in your house, and the first thing should be that you/your lawyer inform them oficially, a written report of which you keep the copy, then i would do 2 things together at the same time.
* informing my embassy about the leak of action by the police
* getting in touch with a member of the Press and publish the well known problem, together with copies of the police report.
if they see that this kind of stuff get's public they can not keep it within their local police community, so they have to act.
good luck
Mike
I've never done it myself, but I have seen a few evictions, and it's always done with stealth.
Catching them by surprise is safer for all.
Once the lawyer has all the legal documents for the eviction, he makes arrangements with the local Aguacil, who gets his team together for the eviction.
From what I've seen, it usually involves 25 or more people, and several are police or military, and they are armed and ready for action.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
what happens when an ex-pat owns the house?

Being the owner of multi-family apartment houses in NY I go thru the roof when someone doesn't pay the rent. I take the attitude-how dare you live in my house and not pay for it. But--I know the process of eviction and I get it done.

Now, what happens in this sennario? You are an ex pat American that owns a 2 family house. You live downstairs and have rented to good and trusted people. Everything is OK but you need to make a trip to NY. You're gone 4 weeks. When you return your tenant is gone and the upstairs apt. is occupied by the drug lord of the Carribean.

What do you do ? Is the process the same for an ex pat as it is for a Dominican ?
john

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
DEA involvement

Another poster advised you inform the DEA.My question is does the DEA (U.S.) get involved with drug related situations outside of the US? And if they do what department/agencies would they work with in the DR?

Perhaps she meant an international type agency?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Another poster advised you inform the DEA.My question is does the DEA (U.S.) get involved with drug related situations outside of the US? And if they do what department/agencies would they work with in the DR?

She meant someone like Peter A. Reilly, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration's supervisor in the DR. The man in this video
Drug flights surge in Caribbean en route to U.S. - CNN.com
They are here working to train DNCD, also involved in interdiction etc. I don't know whether they have the title of 'international' on their part of the organisation or not or just Caribbean Division - my eyesight wasn't good enough to pick up the writing on Mr. Reilly's shirt. This document refers to an operation last May '............Immediately the JIATF-S coordinated an end-game response with the DEA Caribbean Division Santo Domingo Dominican Republic’s Operation Rum Punch assets based in the Dominican Republic...............'
News from DEA,Domestic Field Divisions, Caribbean News Releases, 05/21/07
According to their own website they have a field office in SD tel. no. (809) 687-3754
DEA, Contact Us, Caribbean Division

I don't think for one minute they would personally evict squatter drug pushers but by asking you are at least raising awareness & there is no harm in asking. Some are attached to US Embassy I believe - at very least US Embassy in SD or State Dept. in US should know how to locate them if tel.number above doesn't work.

cuas, when reporting issue to police I would suggest that you make it clear that you are not involved in any way with drug activity nor do you wish to be prosecuted for allowing your premises to be used for illegal activity & if you can get that in writing in the report that should protect you in case someone unscrupulous in the police tries later to turn the tables on you, if you get my drift.;)

And in answer to johne's hypothetical scenario re Caribbean drug lord upstairs, the legal process would be the same for Dominicans & expats I believe but what you might do about it in practice would probably vary greatly depending on how long the expat has been here & who he or she knows.

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
nor do you wish to be prosecuted for allowing your premises to be used for illegal activity & if you can get that in writing in the report that should protect you in case someone unscrupulous in the police tries later to turn the tables on you, if you get my drift.;)
Geezuuussss, yes.
It never even crossed my mind, but if the drug dealers are police protected, then it would be good to keep your distance from the whole thing, while the lawyer goes through the formalities of getting eviction papers.
I suppose that once he has deposited the request to the courts, mentioning that the squatters are suspected drug dealers, then cuas could breathe a bit easier from that point on, don't you think, Lambada?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Geezuuussss, yes.
It never even crossed my mind, but if the drug dealers are police protected, then it would be good to keep your distance from the whole thing, while the lawyer goes through the formalities of getting eviction papers.
I suppose that once he has deposited the request to the courts, mentioning that the squatters are suspected drug dealers, then cuas could breathe a bit easier from that point on, don't you think, Lambada?

Well..................the first thing is to make sure that the LAWYER isn't a police protected dealer :).......... Seriously, if cuas has friends near his mother's house someone should know which of the police are straight & which aren't. Or go to police with a rep. from US Embassy (assuming they're not police protected dd's........) Just like playing chess, anticipate that everyone is corrupt & protect yourself accordingly. The best bet is to report to someone you know is not involved in dealing. I can't help with Los Mina because it isn't where I live so I don't know the police there.

Hate to say this but an honest response would be 'breathing easier' for cuas after depositing Court papers depends on whether the Fiscal is also implicated in the 'trade' or not, or the judge. Sorry, but that's the reality. There's also the 'power pecking order' - if these guys in his house are a small fry punto that should make it easier than if they were an important punto.

cuas, your other option is to have the lawyer talk to whoever in the Govt. wants to take the house & sell it to them. Negotiate. Then they can deal with the eviction in the time honoured way the Government here does.

And the info for johne I forgot to put in the previous post - there are 'seven foreign DEA offices operating in the United States Embassies in Jamaica, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago, Suriname and Curacao, Netherlands Antilles.'
News from DEA, Domestic Field Divisions, Caribbean News Releases, Caribbean Leadership

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

forget about thos "public " guys, who wear's shirt which says he's from that office is just a representative worker for them within a deal betwen the two countries.
he would do effectively a damn about your stuff, he will most possibly not even be allowed to carry a gun in this country to protect himself
Mike