Appt or house in the South Coast - ??

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Good morning!
I will be thankful for a piece of advice.

Within several months a friend of mine is coming to DR for about six months to do some research work.

He needs a place to live during this period. His general vision is to have an appt/house in a safe and secure area within easy short walk to a nice clean beach and at the same time with easy commute to Santo Domingo where he will have to go three-four times a week for several hours.

What areas he should consider? I suggested to him Boca Chica that has a very good beach and is located within only 30 minute bus ride from the city.

But I am not familiar very much with South Coast of the recent time and I am sure that respected DR1 members will have even better ideas.

He wants to pay rent $500-$1000 US per month.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
It depends what he wants. Juan Dolio is 45 mins fromthe capital, with a good bus service if he doesn't have a car. Lovely beach and all amenities such as good medical services. San Pedro is 10 mins away with all the shops. For that money he could have a penthouse apt on beach (2 beds) 1000 a month or maybe a small house in a gated community - Metro Country Club. pm me for more info if you need it

Matilda

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i'd say either B.C. or Juan Dolio.

Juan Dolio is definitely quieter...but boca chica aint all that bad. After a weeek the hookers and tigres will leave your friend alone. ITs just a bit closer to the capital..which might be a factor if one is going in several times a week.

Juan Dolio is more spread out and has many all inclusives..so there doesnt seem to be much interaction between locals and other folks.

Boca chica is more condenced and quite small....so tourists, expats and local all sorta mingle.