Rugby in the DR - New DR1 Article!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It takes a special type of individual to play rugby, but rarely do rugby players consider themselves as such. Tough, resilient and strong are words often related to the sport, and rightly so. Players challenge themselves and their minds in marathon games that require more than just fit bodies and broad shoulders.

Click here to read more....

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hehehe! I remember my first two years on the board where I could not say the word Rugby. Robert would delete me immediately. Now we have an article dedicated to the sport! lol.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hehehe! I remember my first two years on the board where I could not say the word Rugby. Robert would delete me immediately. Now we have an article dedicated to the sport! lol.
I don't think it was the WORD Rugby that caused Robert the problem Chris - I think he was worried you were going top burst into full cry of 'If I were the Marrying kind, which thank the Lord I'm not sir .............' or 'Roll me over .........'

Congrats on SA beating Fiji. GB v SA Final?? Yeah ....:bunny:..... right!! ~ Grahame

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Robert, when will you do an article on polo or tennis?
I know there's a well known polo team owned by Luis Arturo Carbuccia. He is also the head of the Asociaci?n Dominicana de Polo (ADOPOLO).

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
GB v SA? - I will have you know that most of GB is already out!
(sniff - bloody Argentina)
Come on the French!
My Apologies GH - you are absolutely right to show my error. I should have said Eng v SA rather than GB. I commiserate with you also as it would have been wonderful to see a Murrayfield-Twickers clash.

I hope you can force yourself a small change of heart to support the 'Old Men' of Eng in the semi's but if not ..... 'Lang may ye sporran tickle ye'!! :cheeky: ~ Grahame.

jupe

Sep 7, 2007
RWC definitely getting interesting! Anyone (living) in the Sosua/Cabarete area interested in informal touch rugby on the beach? Obviously need more than any"one" but still! Great exercise and fun!

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
RWC definitely getting interesting! Anyone (living) in the Sosua/Cabarete area interested in informal touch rugby on the beach? Obviously need more than any"one" but still! Great exercise and fun!

We'd be in for that ... maybe on a Sunday? I have a childhood friend and his wife in town for a few weeks - we'll be at Chris and Mady's in Cofresi this Sunday around 3pm for the game.

Stay well,
Amy

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Grahame must have had a crystal ball ;)
So, what do you all say? Good game, good rugby, good sportsmanship and good teams. For my little sports-mad country, it means a further sense of unity and unifying without race or color confusing the issue! Kinda nice!

Couldnt agree with you more Chris!;)

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Grahame must have had a crystal ball ;)
So, what do you all say? Good game, good rugby, good sportsmanship and good teams. For my little sports-mad country, it means a further sense of unity and unifying without race or color confusing the issue! Kinda nice!
Congratulations Chris and all other South Africans. Good game? not really, but good result! It would have been terrible for rugby if England would have gone away with the trophy again after four lousy years and a mediocre tournament. I really enoyed seeing a Latin American country make real progress and be up there with the big boys...

R

Ryno

Anybody know more about those rugby clubs in Santo Domingo? Are they serious, or is it more like a beer league thing where beginners can join up and play?

I'm a Canadian who will be living in S.D. for most of 2010. Never played rugby, but I've played Australian Rules Football, and am looking to get involved in something similar while I'm down there.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
It's serious. They practice at the Olympico every Saturday and they organize games and activities.

Mr. Lu