Current hot Merengue, Salsa, Bachata & Reggaton songs in DR.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Ok, so when your not living in the DR, it's sometimes hard to keep up on the current popular, and hot songs, that are played and over played down there!

When you live there, the songs that you are sick of, from hearing so much, are often not known in other countries yet...

So can anyone who is down there, or was recently down there, post in this thread the current most popular songs? All geners...merengue, salsa, bachata and reggaton!!!

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Reggaton...

One song I've been told is pretty big currently is.. (this from a Dominican friend currently living in Caberete)

Sensacion Del Bloque by De La Ghetto ft. Randy

Feb 7, 2007
There is this merengue song quite popular now..,,

cuando comes el camaron te gustan que te halen por los monos... or something like that... it's quite popular

it's been a time but there's been Pasame la Botella which was popular about 10 months ago...

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Thanks rubio_higuey and ZEUS.

I'm really craving some new Dominican/Latin music, it's been awhile..and I don't want to get sick of the songs I have from leaving them on replay too long ;) LoL

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
90% of all reggaeton is total basura!

tamborista

Last edited:

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I think it's fun party & driving music....
Although I find it very wrong to hear sweet little 5 and 6 yr old Dominican kids singing some of the very sexually explicit lyrics...Hopefully they don't know what it means..
I agree it def. doesn't have much substance to it, but I think it can be fun if your in the mood...
I prefer bachata and salsa in most cases...but there's sometimes when I really enjoy listenin to a bit of reggaeton ;)

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
Alicious - when I got back from the DR, I found nearly impossible to find recent DR music. After a little web surfing and some recommendations, I found two awesome sites:

Sos?a-News - Hitparade
here you can find the top 10 merengue, bachata and reggaeton and a lot of awesome info (DR1 poster recommended).

And my personal favorite...
Dominican Republic Radio Stations Live - Listen Online
Here you can find 11 radio stations to listen to...although not all of them work all the time. I love KV 94FM - I listen everyday and jot down all the songs I want to download.

Hope this helps and enjoy!!!!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Reggaeton is declining in popularity. Dominican rap is on the rise big time...Try to find songs by El Lapiz, Vakero, Joa, Toxic Crow, etc...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
whats the song I hear people blasting about 25 times a day? I cant find it!

Does it go like this:

Da, da, da dumdum, Give it all you got mami ...... bada bum....bada bum, Dale caliente... Wind it up!
Just wind it up!
Just wind it up!

Entonces dale,dale, mas duro.....papi duro.....dali papi,......

It's probably some reggaeton garbage by Daddy Jankee or Don Omar!

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
LoL...do you know any of the lyrics at all??
What type of music is it? Reggaeton? Bachata? Salsa?

hidden agenda

Aug 4, 2007
No, I dont know any of the lyrics, all I know is I hear it all the time, I think its probably reggaration, but what do I know?

concon

Oct 16, 2007
There is this merengue song quite popular now..,,

cuando comes el camaron te gustan que te halen por los monos... or something like that... it's quite popular

it's been a time but there's been Pasame la Botella which was popular about 10 months ago...

Can someone tell me what mono is slang for?