Gas supply in Santo Domingo

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Is there a gas supply available in Santo Domingo or do you have to use bottled gas.

If its bottled gas what type is it?

I'm trying to make sure I can let the salesmen know what type the supply will be when I buy a gas oven here in the UK.

I imagine any gas cooker will take any gas almost as long as the rubber hose fites the connector.

Am I right or way off?

Paul

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Is there a gas supply available in Santo Domingo or do you have to use bottled gas.

If its bottled gas what type is it?

I'm trying to make sure I can let the salesmen know what type the supply will be when I buy a gas oven here in the UK.

I imagine any gas cooker will take any gas almost as long as the rubber hose fites the connector.

Am I right or way off?

Paul
It's all bottled propane.
There are some minor differences, as opposed to natural gas systems.
Don't quite know what the differences are, but make sure that yours is bottled propane ready.

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Common supply

It's all bottled propane.
There are some minor differences, as opposed to natural gas systems.
Don't quite know what the differences are, but make sure that yours is bottled propane ready.

My wife thinks that that our apartments have a gas supply - rather than small bottles under the kitchen cabinets for the cookers.

But having said that there aren't gas meters that I'm aware of, so how do people pay their individual gas bills ?

I just assumed that they bought bottled gas - is it possible that a common large gas tank would supply all the apartments in one block?

Shows how much interest I take in our Dominican property doesn't it, I leave it all up to my other half.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
My wife thinks that that our apartments have a gas supply - rather than small bottles under the kitchen cabinets for the cookers.

But having said that there aren't gas meters that I'm aware of, so how do people pay their individual gas bills ?

I just assumed that they bought bottled gas - is it possible that a common large gas tank would supply all the apartments in one block?

Shows how much interest I take in our Dominican property doesn't it, I leave it all up to my other half.
Regardless of it being a giant bottle or a tiny one under the sink, it's still bottled propane gas.
There are no natural gas pipelines around here.

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Propane it is then

Regardless of it being a giant bottle or a tiny one under the sink, it's still bottled propane gas.
There are no natural gas pipelines around here.

Thats all I need to know really with regard to sourcing a gas oven over here. As long as its compatible with a propane supply it'll do the job.

Cheers

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A lot has to do with the burners and openings in the nozzles...Natural gas is coming but not for a good long time anywhere besides parts of SAnto Domingo and environs.

HB

FYI, like the Rock says, your apartment will have a major supply tank--maybe 1000 gls of LPG. It will supply the entire building.

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Ovens in DR seem to be a bit old fashioned

A lot has to do with the burners and openings in the nozzles...Natural gas is coming but not for a good long time anywhere besides parts of SAnto Domingo and environs.

HB

FYI, like the Rock says, your apartment will have a major supply tank--maybe 1000 gls of LPG. It will supply the entire building.

Yes its the gas jets that are the key isn't it. The missus is keen to get a gleaming European model to show off to her mates. Judging by what can be seen on DR tienda websites it seems that ovens on sale seem to be a bit old fashioned compared to the stainless steel designs on sale in the UK and the States. Is this the case?

Also seems to be the same story with washing machines, they seem to love the old top-loaders. Are the modern front-loaders available?

BTW : Getting completely off subject I would imagine a good Web Designer would go down a storm in the DR as so many website are absolutely pitiful