German TV Channels via Satellite

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Now we can get German TV channels and other international channles via the same Satellite then the American programming over echo 7.

So for everybody who has a dish set-up which point to Echo 8,10 or Echo 7 it will be quite easy.

Thought i share that wiht you since Cable is not really an option here in the DR.

Regards,

S

sokitoumi

?

does satelite pick up any english programs.....im a bit ignorant on these things and how big would the dish need to be

a sock is for life not just for Christmas

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Now we can get German TV channels and other international channles via the same Satellite then the American programming over echo 7.

So for everybody who has a dish set-up which point to Echo 8,10 or Echo 7 it will be quite easy.

Thought i share that wiht you since Cable is not really an option here in the DR.

Regards,
Why is cable not an option in the DR?
I need to know, since I've been watching cable for 14 years.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Cable

Why is cable not an option in the DR?
I need to know, since I've been watching cable for 14 years.

I think what he means, is that grainy cable, with 36 or so channels @ $30.00 something per month, compared to clear satellite, with 750 plus channels, movies, pay per view, adult etc, for free, is a much better choice for entertaining yourself!
Steve

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I think what he means, is that grainy cable, with 36 or so channels @ $30.00 something per month, compared to clear satellite, with 750 plus channels, movies, pay per view, adult etc, for free, is a much better choice for entertaining yourself!
Steve
For free?
Please bring me one of those free set ups.
In fact, I'm in a generous mood tonight, so I'll buy the drinks.
Thanks ahead of time.
BTW: I do believe I pay 360 pes/month, that's a bit less than $11 US/month, with 70 plus channels, and I ain't got no graininess, but I do understand that having 750 channels would be nicer than 70, however, I am concerned that I'd be glued there to my TV forever and that my sex life might suffer.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
For free?
Please bring me one of those free set ups.
In fact, I'm in a generous mood tonight, so I'll buy the drinks.
Thanks ahead of time.
BTW: I do believe I pay 360 pes/month, that's a bit less than $11 US/month, with 70 plus channels, and I ain't got no graininess, but I do understand that having 750 channels would be nicer than 70, however, I am concerned that I'd be glued there to my TV forever and that my sex life might suffer.

Marco
I wasn't sure what the going rate was and I am surprised to read, there are 70 channels, I didn't know that. After the initial expense of around $500.00, the rest is gravy! No more monthly expense and just think about the variety!
I think it's time for you to go satellite, with a couple of big screen lcd's or plasma's to entertain the customers. 60" minimum please! As far as your sex life is concerned, this would only enhance it! ............. Honestly, I don't think it would change your life that way! :cheeky: ;)
Steve out

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Marco
I wasn't sure what the going rate was and I am surprised to read, there are 70 channels, I didn't know that. After the initial expense of around $500.00, the rest is gravy! No more monthly expense and just think about the variety!
I think it's time for you to go satellite, with a couple of big screen lcd's or plasma's to entertain the customers. 60" minimum please! As far as your sex life is concerned, this would only enhance it! ............. Honestly, I don't think it would change your life that way! :cheeky: ;)
Steve out
Sounds good.
Now that I'm getting older, I've been learning to delegate, and the job's all yours.
My offer still stands for buying your drinks.
It's the least I can do after you buying me a new Sat system and the 60 incher.
Thanks buddy.
Heck... Why be cheap?
The ribs are on me too.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006

Regards,

Where are the new International Channels ?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Marco
Steve out
Hey Steve.
I guess you heard about what happened to the 60 incher, didn't you?

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/67560-how-not-negotiate.html

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
110, 119, 121? W

... new International Channels ?
Well, whether they are new I would not know.
But a lot of 'international' channels are found on the 121?W satellite; for English language channels you're better off with pointing your dish at the 110?W and 119?W sats.

Janin

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Correct me if I am wrong please

They are not new but you can get the 121 channels now on 119, which means no additional dish or linear LNB needed, just adding about 130 channels.

Webmacon

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the International channels on 119 are in the "Linear" mode and the "DN" channels are in the "Circular" mode. Thus you will either need two LNB's on the 119 Satellite dish or the new QPH-031 LNB which is a dual "Linear / Circular" LNB.

I plan on purchasing the new QPH-031 for use on the 119 sat, so, if I am mistaken, I will save about $60 by not buying it.

Looking at the Lyngsat listing, you should see that there are two sets of TP's, one in the 11,000+ freq. range and the other in the 12,000+ freq range. The 11,000+ range is linear, the 12,000+ range is circular.

It should also be noted that I believe I read that the new QPH-031 LNB is NOT a full range LNB for linear. One should research these statements and come to their own conclusion.

Don SantiagoDR

S

sokitoumi

by english language programs do we mean American/canadian tv .....they arent like us Europeans they have strange comedies lol

perhaps we should get rid of the tv connection and start a dvd lending libruary