Where to rent villa on New Year?

rised

Oct 8, 2006
Dear dr1 members,

my good friends are going to visit DR in January 2007, there are 6 of them (5 adults, 1 kid).

Will be perfect for them to rent some villa near the sea with 3 bedrooms, Internet, in secure zone.

It will be great if you can provide some information about opportunities and companies related to the topic.

Thanks

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Dear dr1 members,

my good friends are going to visit DR in January 2007, there are 6 of them (5 adults, 1 kid).

Will be perfect for them to rent some villa near the sea with 3 bedrooms, Internet, in secure zone.

It will be great if you can provide some information about opportunities and companies related to the topic.

Thanks
Perhaps you could be a bit more clear on the dates.
Is it a one week rental?
Starting when?
How close is "near" when you say, "near the sea"?
Is there a preferred area in the country?
North coast? Saman?? South? East?
What airport would they be flying into, or is that still open?

rised

Oct 8, 2006
bluemoonnyc - thanks, sure - jan 2008
(haven't found how to edit the post)

Rocky
Thanks a lot for the questions, sorry not to write about it before:

Three week rental (about 20 days) starting from January 2, 2008.

It would be great if villa will be on the beach, but I haven't tried it - so maybe it is not the best choice? So I can consider variety of variants.

No preferred area... They have never been here and I like every part of the DR.

They haven't bought air tickets yet - so that is still open.

Sep 19, 2005
seriously if you wait till november or dec to buy those tickets they may be over $1000 each!

get some tips on what areas to stay and try to get an airfare hotel deal.....when you can combine the air and the hotel in one package at the place you think you want to be, you can save a lot of money.

of course they may not offer as many deals with "villas" as the regular hotel rooms.

good luck

come with an open mind to enjoy your vacation , and know that there are a few pitfalls, and let downs...if you know going in, it wont mess with your head when you should be having fun!!

little to middle sized things that can put a damper on your fun.

transfers, car rentals, taxes, tipping, street hawkers, beggars,all the people that will "have a deal for YOU!!"

but the setting in a 20 day period should not dissapoint!!!!

where you go depends on what the makeup of your group is.

any party people there? dancing out on the town people??

soley beach bums, or are there excursion seekers in that group?

you want to see dominicans or mostly visting tourists??

those questions can guide the people helping you here.

bob

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Not exactly a villa, but villa-sized & great location. Anything you need reachable on foot. Harmony - Superb Luxury Beachfront Condo in the center of Cabarete, Dominican Republic

Excellent beach front location and real luxury. No idea if it's available during the first two weeks of January :ermm:
That's the stuff I'm talking about.
Sounds like a fantastic option.
The kids would have to just love Cabarete beach, and they would probably find other kids their age.
All the advantages of a villa, actual oceanfront lodging and provided security.
I can't see how it could get any better than that.

rised

Oct 8, 2006
Many thanks to all of you!
It will take all my evening to choose from, thanks guys!

Harmony - superb, but did I understood right, that 5 adults + 1 child will be $490/night? $9 800 for 20 days?

rised

Oct 8, 2006
And if you were them - will you spend all 20 days at one place? Or they should consider divide vacation in 2: stay 10 day at North, and 10 at south?

rised

Oct 8, 2006
And they are like "party people" - Harmony rules are too tight for that - right?

rised

Oct 8, 2006
After looking through pictures and rates they have stopped on rate up to $800/night for 5 adults + 1 kid.

They definitely would like to party (who wouldn't? :paranoid: :nervous: ) rules like "be quiet" can't be settled.

So if anybody have additional variants - please do post here, thanks a lot.

Sep 19, 2005
After looking through pictures and rates they have stopped on rate up to $800/night for 5 adults + 1 kid.

They definitely would like to party (who wouldn't? :paranoid: :nervous: ) rules like "be quiet" can't be settled.

So if anybody have additional variants - please do post here, thanks a lot.

I am not understanding your post..."they have stopped on rate up to $800 /night for 5 adults +1 kid"

are you saying your budget goes to $800 per night???

or the Harmony has raised their price to $800 per night with the 6 of you?

not that i was going to be much help anyway.

on a side note...i see some good prices per week in those ads....

makes it worth while to bring my GF and all her friends...since they always complain i take her away when I come down and we go out of town for a few days...

$500 a week we can bring them all...AND stay on the beach.

last time i took them I had to rent 4 rooms at the garden aprtments or someplace like that in sosua and it was about $45 a room per night....

and some places have shorter stays available on the beach!!

bob

Wendle

Aug 22, 2007
Rental Options for you

Please contact Robert@DR1.com for advertising rates. The DR1 is not a free advertising site.

Last edited by a moderator:

rised

Oct 8, 2006
laurapasinifan
Yes, "budget goes to $800 per night".

Since moderators have prohibited any related posts in topic (regardless that I have sent a request on property listed in DR rentals section) - please PM me (if this is not off the rules of course).

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
laurapasinifan
Yes, "budget goes to $800 per night".

Since moderators have prohibited any related posts in topic (regardless that I have sent a request on property listed in DR rentals section) - please PM me (if this is not off the rules of course).
I believe you have misunderstood the moderator's intervention.
DR1 does not allow self promotion, whereas third party recommendations are acceptable and welcome.
The topic certainly is not closed, unless you want it to be.