Buying Used Furniture or Shipping it From USA?

Rosanna

Apr 28, 2007
I just arrived and find that new furniture prices are much, much higher than in USA. Where can I find used furniture stores in Santo Domingo?
Is it cheaper to ship furniture from USA to Dominican Republic?

Bellamona

Sep 18, 2007
Duarte

Hi Rosanna - I bought some cheap stuff (new, but cheap) in the Duarte area by Plaza Lama. I also bought some plastic drawers for storage at Almacen Rodriguez. It is a little bit wild over there, like any "el centro" location in a big city but you can get cheap stuff there. As for the Plaza Lama they actually items there - my friends just bought a stove/refrigerator but PL has everything. hope that helps.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Hi Rosanna - I bought some cheap stuff (new, but cheap) in the Duarte area by Plaza Lama. I also bought some plastic drawers for storage at Almacen Rodriguez. It is a little bit wild over there, like any "el centro" location in a big city but you can get cheap stuff there. As for the Plaza Lama they actually items there - my friends just bought a stove/refrigerator but PL has everything. hope that helps.

PL 3x price of NYC and quality is horrible.

Rosanna

Apr 28, 2007
So You Still Did Not Answer My Question.

Where in Santo Domingo can I buy used good quality furniture at reasonable prices?

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
I agree with johne. At PL, The quality is horrendous and price for it is ridiculous. The low end quality of furniture in DR tend to be more expensive than US but as soon as you start to go towards higher quality the price gap diminishes and, sometimes, prices are actually cheaper here than in US.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Can't say specifically about SD - but I can talk about the country. Rarely do you find used furniture! When you do it will tend to be very expensive too.

Occasionally you will hear of an ex pat going home and be able to purchase their items.

Gossette Ortiz

Oct 17, 2007
Well i think that you will be better of odering online from Target or something, furniture unless is the expensive one is not to pretty and the cheap ones look cheap and are not comfortable.