Labate, Haiti from Cabarete?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
There's a bus (kind of a Caribe Tours) from Santiago to Cap Haitien, here are the details:
Isla Instituto Genao Perez #17 Rinc?n Largo Santiago

30US$

829-660-6942

It runs twice a week.

Once in Labadie, you can stay at Norman's place (Norman is an american... he's there since 30 years...)
Or Cormier Plage (Jean-Claude used to be a diver with Cousteau...)

Labadie is truly beautiful, don't miss it !!!

hidden agenda

Aug 4, 2007
Yes, Labadie, I am sorry. What days of the week do those busses go? the people I am meeting are only coming for the day!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Do you mean Labadie / Labadee?
It's pretty much the same... Labadie is the Haitian village, and Labadee is the Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines stop-over... Both are in the same bay...

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Yes, Labadie, I am sorry. What days of the week do those busses go? the people I am meeting are only coming for the day!
Cormier Plage is said to be a pleasant hotel the bay next to Labadie Bay. Cap-Haitien is only 10 mile/45 min by 4x4 away, there Mont Jolie is a nice hotel.
You can only enter the Labadee beach and complex on days when there are no Royal Caribbean cruise ships there. Labadee complex is impressive, but the beach is nothing special. The surrounding Labadie bay, and adjacent bays are incredibly beautiful though.
You can only enter Labadie village by boat, and perhaps a trek on foot through the mountains.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Would that number work for buses to Jacmel and Port au Prince?
For buses from Santo Domingo to Port-au-Prince (Petionville actually) you can contact Caribe Tours or Terra Bus. I'm sure there are numbers somewhere on the forum if you do a search. If there are any direct buses going to Jacmel from the DR, which I doubt very much, they would go via Port-au-Prince anyway.

theman

Aug 25, 2008
There's a bus (kind of a Caribe Tours) from Santiago to Cap Haitien, here are the details:
Isla Instituto Genao Perez #17 Rinc?n Largo Santiago

30US$

829-660-6942

It runs twice a week.

Once in Labadie, you can stay at Norman's place (Norman is an american... he's there since 30 years...)
Or Cormier Plage (Jean-Claude used to be a diver with Cousteau...)

Labadie is truly beautiful, don't miss it !!!

Only 30$US, Is it still open? (asking since the post was in 2007)