Hepatitis A-B-C

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
In the recent years the incident of Hepatitis a and b has been spreading in Santiago due to the lack of sanitary conditions, the sewer overflows whenever it rains. This city lacks educated public officials working in health and sanitation.

Now in the day of AIDS and Hepatitis -C, this city continues to bury its collective heads in the sand. The employee of the so-called health department would not pass a basic exam in health literacy. I have seen donkeys with more technical knowledge on public health.

When visiting the city do not buy from street vendors, or eat anything that is not factory sealed. I have seen pig-carcasses being delivered, after the 4-something flight from NY and the food was short by a mile of meeting any sanitation codes even for guachupita.

The same health Department, has newly ignored that my septic system is next door to a water supply or sister, which does not have a membrane or even sealed against contamination from the soil, if buying in Torre Guadalupe, be aware that you are been exposed to anything that has been in my sewage.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Shots for Hepatitis A+B

Anyone considering moving or staying in a 3rd world should exercise common sense and Pre-Plan by visiting a doctor 6 months before to start the process. For hep. A it is 3 shots over 6 months and B is 2 shoths over 3 months.Unfortunatly there is nothing yet for Hepatitis C which can be fatal over time to 1/3 of the people who contract it..Stay away from prostitutes and using IV drugs or snorting through a straw if thats what your into and you can cut your risk factor for Hep. C by more than half......

Last edited:

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Unless it changed in the last 3 months, Hep A is 2 shots over 6 months and Hep B is 3 shots over 6 months. There's also one drug company that makes both in one now and that's 3 shots over 6 months, I believe.

Your right I had them mixed up... Anyway the advice is good and solid..I have not heard about the one shot for both yet as mine were done one year ago...

Margery

Aug 1, 2007
Hepatitis A and B vaccines

The vaccine that combines both Hepatitis A & B vaccines is called Twin-Rix. (manufactured by Glaxo Smith Kline) I am a nurse and this is the vaccine that I have given to my patients especially those going on overseas business trips. I would check it out to see if this vaccine is available in DR, and if not get something similar.

Margery