laundry facilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryjohn

Oct 4, 2007
Have tried to check but cannot see any posts re laundry facilities - does anyone know if there are any in sosua - staying at Casa Marina Reef but no mention of any facilities there - want to travel light but don't want to spend any time handwashing things!!

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
There used to be located across from Sosua By The Sea, I am not sure if they are still open though . When I was there in May the sign was still up .

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
There is a laundry on Calle Dr Rosen about fifty feet in from Alejo Martinez going towards the ocean. The name of the place is Family Laundry, Moresheaper Than Your House.

There is also another laundry around the corner from Club Residencial.

You can drop your laundry off in the morning and pick it up later in the day.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
CM = Casa Marina Reef entrance
L = Laundromat

ddd600x408.jpg

ILLINIFAN

Aug 23, 2007
There is a laundry on Calle Dr Rosen about fifty feet in from Alejo Martinez going towards the ocean. The name of the place is Family Laundry, Moresheaper Than Your House.

There is also another laundry around the corner from Club Residencial.

You can drop your laundry off in the morning and pick it up later in the day.

Do they dryclean?

olddog

Jul 14, 2006
Rocky's corrected spot is perfect. They seem like good folks...used 'em a few times....I generally don't have them (no lavenderia in Latin America/Carrib.) dry the stuff as I had a disaster in Guadalajara, MX, when they must have used a blow torch to dry the stuff....cottons come out three sizes smaller...dunno about "family laundry" drying, but they wash 'em up really nice...plastic hangers for drying does the trick back at the hotel...

PS: doesn't hurt to have yer name on all thy stuff (Rub-a-dub indellible marking pen) and have a little inventory list of goodies...

Cheers..

Ol' Phil

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky's corrected spot is perfect. They seem like good folks...used 'em a few times....I generally don't have them (no lavenderia in Latin America/Carrib.) dry the stuff as I had a disaster in Guadalajara, MX, when they must have used a blow torch to dry the stuff....cottons come out three sizes smaller...dunno about "family laundry" drying, but they wash 'em up really nice...plastic hangers for drying does the trick back at the hotel...

PS: doesn't hurt to have yer name on all thy stuff (Rub-a-dub indellible marking pen) and have a little inventory list of goodies...

Cheers..

Ol' Phil
That's good general advice, but in the case of that laundromat on the map, there should be no worries.
We send people there all the time, and never hear any complaints about shrinkage or missing clothing.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004

Cheers..

Ol' Phil

I have used this particular laundry many times and have been very satisfied with both the quality of clothes afterwards, the time it took (in case of emergency) and the price. Nothing was ever missing and the lady sometimes ironed a few things for no extra charge!

olddog

Jul 14, 2006
Rocky and Fiesta Mama...

Aren't these forums fantastic??!!

Thanx to both of you for the scoop on drying. I just must have hit a rogue spot in MX whan they shrunk the stuff all to heck...two linen shirts shot to all you-know-where.......Family Laundry for washing/drying it is for this lunkhead.

And, to both of you...thanx tons for the straight scoop....

Ol' Phil

benna

Jan 30, 2006
The laundry machine at our condo comlex is famous for breaking at the worst times! I will try Family Laundry the next time this happens. Does anyone know the approx. price of a load of laundry?

Status
Not open for further replies.