70 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
70 years ago, that is a nice round number, like 500 years of " quincentenario", where the elite in DR praises the arrival of greedy, filth Columbus, who " supposely" discovered this island.

What this nice, round " 70" is, is the seventieth anniversary of the october,1937 massacre of ethnic Haitians ( and native Black Dominicans that were too nervous to say perejil, too :tired:).

The million dollar question is, why there isn't a monument and museum commemorating this atrocity in DR? Now that azqueroso, maldito racista Balaguer is dead( and burning in hell), why PLD leadership, that has control of presidency and congress, still do nothing !

People, send letters, e-mails to your politicians, and demand that a big monument, be built to remember these inoccent victims of Trujillo's brutality. please ! Is the least that DR can do.

Hell, I can suggest that a piece of " faro a colon" can be demolished and be used to build this memorial, and the rest can be used as a " warehouse" or something :tired:

This is long overdue, I hope it'll get finnished before the nice, round number of " 80" comes in 2017, because we're not going to wait till the nice, round " 500" in 2437 to build it, I don't think we'll be around then.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I think it is always good that a country recognize and make retribution for atrocities it has committed. Unfortunately, there are really few countries that would do it willingly without some external pressure.

Also, I think many in this country would probably see it as acquiesing to the whole "Haitian" situation and would feel afraid that it would open a whole new can of worms.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Nobody Cares When A Bunch Of "BLACKS" Are Killed!

That was true 500 years ago,and it is still true today!

As far as "Colon" is concerned,he was no better,or no worse than the people of his time!

You need to spend more time changing what you don't like about the present,and less time lamenting about the past!

Drop that "Chip" it will make walking around a lot less difficult!
Cris "COLON"......:glasses:CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"God grant me the courage to change the things that I can change,the power to bear what I can't change, and the wisdom to know the difference"

JOKL

Oct 30, 2006
I think ,no I,m sure that this Matanzas de Haitianos is overrated, Why?/ well first where are the mass graves?? , 37000 corpses are dificults to hide, and not come with the BS that they were dumped into the sea! I can't believe that neither, 2) where are the pictures??? even we have pictures of the Nazi Germany atrocities, 3) how the heck they know were 37000? how they counted or who counted ?4) without roads, reliable transportation, planes and a country with a 7 years dictator could handled such massacre?, 5) in 1930 the the country was destroyed by a hurricane, back in those days the infrastructure was more weak than today, how the heck they overcome this so fast to take care of the massacre..you still can find "damnificados" from hurricane David from 1979?!.
It still a lot of dip looking for the truth about this Masacre de Haitianos that Dominicans did not need to feel ashamed yet.

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
That was true 500 years ago,and it is still true today!

As far as "Colon" is concerned,he was no better,or no worse than the people of his time!

You need to spend more time changing what you don't like about the present,and less time lamenting about the past!

Drop that "Chip" it will make walking around a lot less difficult!
Cris "COLON"......:glasses:CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"God grant me the courage to change the things that I can change,the power to bear what I can't change, and the wisdom to know the difference"

Sorry Chris "Colon" was a little worse than his contemporaries. Colon hated the Arawak (Tainos) as he blamed them for the massacre of the men he left here on the island while he returned to Spain. Within 2 years Colon personally ordered the massacre of 300,000 Tainos and when Spain finally sent an auditor to investigate claims of human atrocities Colon was arrested and taken back to Spain in chains to answer for this genocide.

Unfortunately his punishment equated to little more than a slap on the hand and his personal financial ruin.

?It is impossible to move forward if we loose sight of our past mistakes.?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"OUR" Past Mistakes??????????????????

If I EVER make a "Mistake" I will not "loose sight of it!" I will accept responsibility for "IT"!

As far as the "Mistakes" of others go, I accept no responsibility for "OTHERS"!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Sep 19, 2005
maybe the OP can stop eating and walk from Monte Christi to the capital......

plus i am sure if the "right" people get the contract , any monument can be built...

LIFE is DYNAMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why cant people accept that?

bob

JOKL

Oct 30, 2006
I think it is always good that a country recognize and make retribution for atrocities it has committed. Unfortunately, there are really few countries that would do it willingly without some external pressure.

Also, I think many in this country would probably see it as acquiesing to the whole "Haitian" situation and would feel afraid that it would open a whole new can of worms.

Where are the hard evidences of the massacre?? the belonging of the deads?
the remains?,
How, the dominicans in 1937 will be the perpetrators of the such things?, if it true it was the most efficient killing in the 20 century history, and the biggest mass murder in the Americas in the 20 century, 37000 deads and not a trace of that, and nobody was prosecuted.Is a lot of lie in that story.

JOKL

Oct 30, 2006
Las Islas de los Muertos, just north of Monti Cristi. Tom F.

Yeah I can see dominicans loading boat of deads in 1937 in from of montecristi coast and carring away , dumped in such islands and going back for more, you saw the pictures?! they are every where . Let make a expedition to those islands and make a forensic investigation..

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
the remains?,
How, the dominicans in 1937 will be the perpetrators of the such things?, if it true it was the most efficient killing in the 20 century history, and the biggest mass murder in the Americas in the 20 century, 37000 deads and not a trace of that, and nobody was prosecuted.Is a lot of lie in that story.

Fijese en que no estaba echando la culpa a nadie papa, simplemente vociando que es bueno que reconozca un pais sus errores - tales como aquel mencionado, no se decirle si fue la verdad si o no.

attentamente

jackieboo

Mar 18, 2006
the remains?,

So when does it become an atrocity? When 30,000 die? Or when 500 die? Or when one person dies?

Even if the reports are exaggerated by 75% it still means that 9,250 people died needlessly at the hands of a deranged dictator. Are you suggesting that if it were 9,250 people that were slaughtered it?d be O.K.?

It sickens me when I read people so callously being petty when the lives of others are concerned. I imagine that if things were different and a Haitian dictator killed 9.250 Dominicans your attitude would be different.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I agree with CC, I am not responsible for the misdeeds of my ancestors nor their good ones either, so should Dominicans apologize for Trujillo, NO. Should they acknowledge the misdeed and put up a monument or something to acknowledge that the massacre happened, Yes. As in the saying: Those that don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it. It is important for both countries to acknowledge that both sides did awful things to each other in the past and are committed to making sure it isn't repeated. Other than that, nothing should be done.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
It is important for both countries to acknowledge that both sides did awful things to each other in the past and are committed to making sure it isn't repeated. Other than that, nothing should be done.

In my book that's doing quiet a bit and I must add that a public apology is a form of acknowledging a wrong doing.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If "Monuments","History Books", and "Holocost" Museums,

Kept us from repeating our past mistakes I would have to agree with you Bob,but obviously they DON'T!!!!!

So stop looking back,and look ahead!

Even Bill Cosby is telling "His People",his terminology,not mine, to stop playing the "Victim" and stand up to your shortcomings(His new book: "Come On People!")

Work to change the future,you can't change what has already come to pass!
And "Pleeeeeeeez" don't try to justify all those "Monuments" and "History Lessons" with that worn out "Old Saying" about repeating our past mistakes. Makes you look to "PC" at best,and "Out-Of-Touch" at worst!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jackieboo

Mar 18, 2006
Kept us from repeating our past mistakes I would have to agree with you Bob,but obviously they DON'T!!!!!

So stop looking back,and look ahead!

Even Bill Cosby is telling "His People",his terminology,not mine, to stop playing the "Victim" and stand up to your shortcomings(His new book: "Come On People!")

Work to change the future,you can't change what has already come to pass!
And "Pleeeeeeeez" don't try to justify all those "Monuments" and "History Lessons" with that worn out "Old Saying" about repeating our past mistakes. Makes you look to "PC" at best,and "Out-Of-Touch" at worst!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

In your skewed world I guess every generation would be responsible for ?rediscovering? the basic sciences. The Chris Colon world of the future we wouldn?t be able to teach anything because it all happened in the past.

We only look forward because nothing beneficial happened in the past, is that correct?

Honor and respect have a lot to do with the ?character? of peoples mistakes. When a society remembers and honors past mistakes the character of that society grows and so does its social conscience.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
From Your Mouth Too God's Ears!!

If ONLY your "PC" view of the World were true!!

If you wish to insult me,get your metaphores straight!

We are NOT discussing The invention of the wheel here,or the industrial revolution,we are talking about "Man's Inhumanity To Man"!!!

If you wish to engage me in a "Battle Of Wits" stop coming "unarmed"!!!

"WE",kill each other for purely economic reasons!

As long as one group covets what another group has,we will continue to commit atrocities upon one another!
It may be couched in the guise of "Religious Persecution/intolerance,but peel that away and what do you find, "I want Your Money!"

So use all the trite "Old Sayings" you want to "justify" the Unjust, we will always kill each other reguardles of all the "Monuments" we can construct to our past "Mistakes"!!!

Cris Colon; "A Legend In His Own Mind"!!!

Pretty Good for 10 oclock in the mornig,RIGHT????

Status
Not open for further replies.