Missing road grates at Toll Plaza

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
Anyone travelling southbound from Santiago on Autopista Duarte , there are some missing road grates as you pass the the toll plaza . Please be carefull and go slow . The holes are large enough to cause an accident or do some serious damage to your car .

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Anyone travelling southbound from Santiago on Autopista Duarte , there are some missing road grates as you pass the the toll plaza . Please be carefull and go slow . The holes are large enough to cause an accident or do some serious damage to your car .
Didn't even know there were toll plazas on the highway near Santiago.
Where are they located?
Before the airport?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I believe it is right after the turn off for Moca. To the OP, thanks for the tip, I need to go to the capital next week and I'll keep my eyes open.

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
The toll plaza is a little south of the airport . It is not open . It just sits in the middle of the highway . Just another abandoned project .

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I believe it is right after the turn off for Moca. To the OP, thanks for the tip, I need to go to the capital next week and I'll keep my eyes open.
After Moca, coming from Santiago or Santo Domingo?

PS: Thanks Jafo. I posted too quick.

Sep 19, 2005
it looks almost complete!!!!! tey have a paved detor around it that I think starts out as two lanes, but people try to make into one lane when you come out of it heading south!!!!.....a sure place for an accident when wet and a pair of hard headed dominican drivers!!!!!!!!

If I am not mistaken, the TOLL is between the turn for Moca and La Vega....

and not between the turn for moca and the airport!!!

it has been there for almost 2 years!!!!!!

the north bound lanes are straight, the south bound lanes swing wide around the toll.......and is more concern for accidents.

I dont know which direction the grates are missing on!!( I see now that he says they are on the soutbound route...)

bob

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The toll plaza has been the scene of more than half a dozen deaths due to traffic accidents, generally in the Southbound lanes.

The plaza is two kilometers south of the Moca intersection. Motorists now pass through the toll booths on the way south, but the Jersey barriers are placed in a sort of confusing manner which could lead to accidents.

Coming back from a 96 hour trip to Florida we were exposed to more idiocy, lack of courtesy and outright stupidity is the twenty or so kilometers from Punta Cana to Higuey than in the hundreds of miles we traveled about over the weekend...sheesh, talk about culture shock...

But it is good to be back home....

HB