where to buy??? what community is better?

Joanie

Oct 15, 2007
Hello Everyone,

I'm new at this forum and I'm very excited to find a place to post questions about DR, especially the North Coast region. I'm interested in purchasing a villa in Sosua and I was interested in two places, Escondido Bay in Playa Laguna and Casa Linda. I would like to hear your opinions of what place you think is a better investment and which one you think is safer? Thanks a bunch!

best regards,
joanie

harrydr

On Vacation
Dec 12, 2006
Personally speaking I imagine that Casa Linda is safer. I know of a few couples that have purchased there. Quaint, and very neighborhood "ish". The downside, not within walking distance of much.

PS. People here are sticklers for the name of this country. The Dominican Republic. Not DR, not the Dominican. Either the DR or the Dominican Republic.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Personally speaking I imagine that Casa Linda is safer. I know of a few couples that have purchased there. Quaint, and very neighborhood "ish". The downside, not within walking distance of much.

PS. People here are sticklers for the name of this country. The Dominican Republic. Not DR, not the Dominican. Either the DR or the Dominican Republic.

Where was she grammatically incorrect in her post?
I guess you finally climbed out of The Sin Bin, it was nice here for the past few weeks.

t'

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Joanie,

Welcome to DR1!

I'd suggest you definitely rent and live in an area for 6-12 months before you buy into a community, and once you're very familiar with the region/town/neighborhood, then and only then consider making a purchase.

That said, here's a few threads on casa linda and casa hispaniola's website, a different community with the same models, that might be helpful, in case you haven't seen them.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/56564-casa-linda.html?highlight=casa+linda

http://www.dr1.com/forums/real-estate/65457-opinions-needed-casa-linda.html?highlight=casa+linda

Dominican Republic Real Estate - Hispaniola Real Estate

Good luck

Last edited:

slug

Oct 13, 2005
I live right next to Casa Linda. I've not heard much negative about it except that some have said that they put a surcharge on the electric invoice each month. I do like the area however, and if you need any further help, just let me know....

Joanie

Oct 15, 2007
My Mom is from PR and my Dad is from DR, and I was born and raise in NY. I have too much culture to be spelling it out!! ;)

best regard,
joanie

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
HarryTHEDR

So then Shouldn't HarryDR be HarryTHEDR or HarryTHE Dominican Republic ?

:ermm:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005

You seriously need to lighten up.

Please log off, go for a walk, and get some fresh air.

Good night.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
El Biablazoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!.

Good night.
What the HELLLLLLLL!!!.

Where in hell have you been?.

Welcome back buddy and know that SOME of us wondered about you and missed your!!.

NOT me, of course, whahahahahahahaha!!.

Glad you are back an hope you stay!!.

Ok, sorry for the hijack!!.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
What the HELLLLLLLL!!!.

Where in hell have you been?.

Welcome back buddy and know that SOME of us wondered about you and missed your!!.

NOT me, of course, whahahahahahahaha!!.

Glad you are back an hope you stay!!.

Ok, sorry for the hijack!!.

Hola Miguel, como es tas? :classic:

Long time no see buddy.

I look forward to chatting with all of you again.

Good night Miguel.

P.S. Miguel = Alante, Alante!!! :bunny:

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007

Good night.

Potato Salad!!!

Your posts kept me interested and entertained while I was a lurker!

Great to see you back, I hope you stay!!