Dom Perignon

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
What does a bottel of Dom Perignon cost down there?
And where can it be purchased?
...I can't remember seeing any in Supermarkets, but maybe it depends where you go....

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
...I can't remember seeing any in Supermarkets, but maybe it depends where you go....
It's not a common thing to see, for sure.
If you must know the price, phone the Super Super in Sosua @ 809-571-3862.
Even if they don't carry it, they should know the approx. price and they do speak English.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can buy it in Puerta Plata at Tropical Supermarket. The price is about 6,000 Rd ($180 US).

Also in Santiago, Nacional carries it. I once saw a bottle in Producto Sosua Supermarket for about that price. They may still have it as it is not a big seller here.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
try to find Vuve Cliquote Grand Dame if you can. its MUCH better and for about the same price! the bubbles are much more delicate and they dance in your mouth...i could go on and on. Dom is much overated (but hey...if thats what you can find then go for it!)

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
try to find Vuve Cliquote Grand Dame if you can. its MUCH better and for about the same price! the bubbles are much more delicate and they dance in your mouth...i could go on and on. Dom is much overated (but hey...if thats what you can find then go for it!)

Nope...your right, to be honest...I am interested in finding Dom Perignon more for the name...I confess!! LoL

And I will try your suggestion!;)

Thanks for the info everyone!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I completely disagree.
I think that Veuve Cliquot is the most over-rated champagne on the market, and would rather drink Chilean champagne, that Veuve.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I completely disagree.
I think that Veuve Cliquot is the most over-rated champagne on the market, and would rather drink Chilean champagne, that Veuve.

What brand would you recommend then Rocky??

I'll have to have a party and try out one of each brand...(when I win the lottery..hehe)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
What brand would you recommend then Rocky??

I'll have to have a party and try out one of each brand...(when I win the lottery..hehe)
It goes with availabilty and personal wealth.
I think Dom is great and worth its price, assuming you have that much to spend.
A lot of people prefer Cristal over Dom, and it is very much a question of personal taste.
It's just that I found Veuve Cliquot to be the worst in its price range, and I'd rather drink a Chilean Champagne like Cristalino, rather than Veuve Cliquot.

Cristalino Cava Brut

ChampagneNewYear0610600x450.jpg

alfou

Aug 15, 2006
Well...

hummmmmmmm...:glasses:

I guess I know that place....:ninja: It remenber me something.....:ninja:

Ok.. I'll try to find out.....

:ermm::ermm:
:bunny:

lollll

Alain

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Wow...what a BEAUTIFUL picture Rocky...alll those bottles of champagne...yuum!!:)
Is that your bar?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

Just a thought, how about taking your Dom Perignon money and buying some rice and beans or some clothes for the kids in the DR with the big beautiful smiles. I bet it will make you feel better, and the hangover is fantastic.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Just a thought, how about taking your Dom Perignon money and buying some rice and beans or some clothes for the kids in the DR with the big beautiful smiles. I bet it will make you feel better, and the hangover is fantastic.

I actually do often help out families when I am down there, and bring schools supplies and clothes for children in the campos when I head out to those areas.

And when I lived in POP, instead of giving the kids money, I would usually give them a plate of food instead.

So don't get me wrong..I don't just throw my money around ;)

But I was curious to see what the cost of Dom Perignon is compared to here...and possibly getting some for a fancy evening sometime, but it is a bit out of my price range...

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
My, my my.
You can't even talk about spending money and having fun without getting maligned for not giving it to the poor.
What makes you think that Alicious doesn't already help the poor?

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
back on topic for just a second please

My, my my.
You can't even talk about spending money and having fun without getting maligned for not giving it to the poor.
What makes you think that Alicious doesn't already help the poor?

Just for the record "Champagne" is a type of sparkling wine that, both in terms of international trademark law and objective evaluation, is produced in a relatively small geographic area of France. In fact, within the Champagne region (the same region that produces Cognac by the way), only wines produced in the towns of Reims, Epernay, and to a lesser extent Ay, are authorized by the government to be called Champagne. Similar products from France and other countries can be referred to as "sparkling wine." No wine producer can use the name Champagne to describe, advertise, or market its products without violating the law and suffering swift and certain penalties. That categorically excludes wines from Chile, high quality though they may be.

By the way, there are vintage and non-vintage versions of Dom P?rignon. I don't recall ever seeing vintage Dom P?rignon sold in the Dominican Republic, although I am fortunate enough to have been served it in private homes.

I recommend you try to bring your own and make arrangements to store it properly. Maintaining wines in the tropics can be both difficult and expensive and you will find it very difficult to return a bottle of high cost.

A

apostropheman

while i certainly agree with how wonderful it feels to help others...

"they" say that "appearance is everything"

i say "do not assume"...and i bet we all know why :cheeky:

i know people that do private charity work and do not post about it as they do not feel the need for praise or attention.

i know others that do post about it, not to garner praise, etc...but in the hopes of letting other like minded people also contribute, thereby increasing the amount available to use for charity.

whatever works best for the person doing the giving...and receiving.

hopefully we can all try and help people in need when we come across them without putting others down when they choose not to post about their charitable activities. asking the price of what may appear to be a "luxury" item should not open the door for false assumptions...

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Just for the record "Champagne" is a type of sparkling wine that, both in terms of international trademark law and objective evaluation, is produced in a relatively small geographic area of France. In fact, within the Champagne region (the same region that produces Cognac by the way), only wines produced in the towns of Reims, Epernay, and to a lesser extent Ay, are authorized by the government to be called Champagne. Similar products from France and other countries can be referred to as "sparkling wine." No wine producer can use the name Champagne to describe, advertise, or market its products without violating the law and suffering swift and certain penalties. That categorically excludes wines from Chile, high quality though they may be.

By the way, there are vintage and non-vintage versions of Dom P?rignon. I don't recall ever seeing vintage Dom P?rignon sold in the Dominican Republic, although I am fortunate enough to have been served it in private homes.

I recommend you try to bring your own and make arrangements to store it properly. Maintaining wines in the tropics can be both difficult and expensive and you will find it very difficult to return a bottle of high cost.

Quite right about the sparkling wine/champange...most people (myself included) usually forget this and just call sparkling wine champagne.

Informative and on the topic post! Excellent! lol

I have never had the chance to try out vintage Dom P?rignon..and I don't even think I even want to know how much it would cost. lol. The regular Dom P?rignon is a lot more than I would normally even spend. It's def. a special occasions only type thing for me!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.