Any further info on the killings last week in Boca Chica?

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
I just read the general report here on DR1. Saying two guys were arrested and a third is on the loose. I guess they were Italians. Any more info, like where this took place? Did these Italians own businesses, if so, which? Etc. Thanks in advance.

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
Let me clarify, I guess the guys that were killed were Italians. The two guys caught and third on the loose, are Dominicans.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Two were arrested and copped to the crime. A third is being sought by the police. Young punks.

HB

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
Two were arrested and copped to the crime. A third is being sought by the police. Young punks.

HB

yes, and it sounds like the cops are telling the 3rd to turn himself in or get blown away. with the recent firings or reassignments of the police in bc, its sounds like someone is missing tourists dollars from Italia and other places. bc is little and could be cleaned up quickly if dick tracey was there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Interesting. Monday's reports had the two crimes sort of linked. Now, apparently, they were separate incidents.
12 months of preventative custody. Hopefully the DAs will present their case in a timely fashion.

HB

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Interesting. Monday's reports had the two crimes sort of linked. Now, apparently, they were separate incidents.
12 months of preventative custody. Hopefully the DAs will present their case in a timely fashion.

HB

"preventative custody"--held in custody before a trial????

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
"preventative custody"--held in custody before a trial????
Yup.
When a judge feels that there's enough evidence, that's what he does.
Usually it's 3 months, and I don't know what the time limit might be, but that's what they do here.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
so...is there any info as to exactly what went down? where in BC did this happen? did the Italians know these guys? what time of day or night did this happen etc.?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
One of the victims was Marino, the old Italian with white hair, beaten to death with a piece of rock by someone waiting for him when he came home to his house just behind Banco Popular. He lived in one of the two small houses on the Hotel Don Juan area and has been in Boca Chica more than 20 years. The other incident happened the same day in Los Jardines on the other side of the highway, in the new residential area next to Monte Adentro. There were rumors the people arrested were accused of killing both, I'm not sure what the status is now.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
OMG...is this Marino? If this is him he always seemed like a cool old man.

THis is such a shame. I really thought that boca chica was cleaning up its act. NOw i am wondering if I know any of the perps. I have probably have at least seen them around.

I never used to..but the past couple of trips i have been taking a motoconcho home if i am out late. Just to be safer rather than sorry (and i have one moto guy that i use all the time)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
and can someone please explaing "preventive custody"? 12 months? WTF???? Seems to be premeditated to me! is the "custody" thing just temporary till they go to trial or something...sorta like being held without bail?

dang...i am just shaking my head...to be killed for a friggen television and a cell phone.

I am pretty sure the guy in the photo i posted was Mariano. Can someone confirm? If so that photo is just a couple of weeks old.

(btw..sorry to double post)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
No this is not the same person.

thanks! he looked to be about the same age as qouted....and i have been seeing him for year..and he hangs out around the beach around the don juan.

Still sad...just kinda relieved to know that it wasnt someone i kinda know.

and thanks for the infor on the protective custody. They should hang those bastards by the balls!

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
Thanks for all the help everyone. I live there and going to be there soon, so I wanted to know what kind of arsenal I need to bring down with me. I have a good understanding now. That beach area behind Banco Popular, real dark area in the evening. I never really realized there were any houses, well, now I think about it, i think there was one behind the old burger hut. The police are on the take or better yet, useless in Boca. I was robbed one night after taking a motoconcho home, careful jrzguy, they were waiting in the dark for the moto to leave inside my first gate. Anyway, they robbed me with what looked like a real gun, got less than a mil, then scrammed toward the bario. This was at 11PM, my oldest daugher called the police three times, they never even showed up once. Still haven't up to this date....lol....I can laugh now....Things are not good unfortunately. I will be prepared though.