BOAT transportation

bcgirl

Oct 16, 2007
Ok So i know there are several threads that talk about transit from PUnta Cana to Samana. Looks like we'll fly, when we spend a week in each next spring.

BUT - is there anyway to get there by boat? Could you charter a boat (and someone to captain it) to take you from Punta Cana to Samana? Is that possible?

Thanks!

Feb 7, 2007
PM MikeFisher. He has a boat company.

Also, public transit: Take guagua from Bavaro to Higuey, from Higuey to Hato Mayor, from Hato Mayor to Savana de la Mar, and from there a ferry to Samana. Nice half day trip and you don't spend much. Leave very early because the last ferry to Samana leaves around noon.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Destination

.... Could you charter a boat (and someone to captain it) to take you from Punta Cana to Samana? Is that possible?
Why not?
Just make sure that they understand that your destination is Saman? and NOT PR.... :paranoid:

Serious now:
Try MikeFisher, he's a member here.

Janin

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ha ha ha
PR would be the more well known short 2 1/2 hrs run, lol.
Samana isn't that close by watre than it appears on the maps, specially because on it's way back the boat has to run all the way along the coastline upwaves/against the current, so small boats are out of the discussion.
i have one boat doing the long runs, including island hopping(PR is just the closest of 'em), but it is not a cheap transfer.
the boat i use for those rides is a 63ft Sea-Ray luxury cruiser.
if interested just drop me a mail or PM here on the bord.
the other option mentioned above, travelling the route via Sabana de la Mar and the Ferry by public transportation is one of the best routes you can take as an "private excursion", a real adventure throu real dominican life, if you are interested in real dominican lifestyle i would recommend that, but that depends on your style of travel and how many luggage you carry with you.
have fun
Mike

yhill

Oct 16, 2007
Samana to Cayo levantado

:glasses::eek:;)Hi
Can someone please help me -how do we get from Saman to cayo levantado beach ? are there ferry/ boat every hour /half an hour /how much is it ?
we are stoping for the day with the cruise ship - are there any restaurants on the beach ? music ? Thank you
yhill