plastic bottles

S

sokitoumi

does anyone know if anybody collects plastic bottles in the sosua area....im getting quite a collection of battery water bottles...I would hate to burn them if someone can use them

url

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
does anyone know if anybody collects plastic bottles in the sosua area....im getting quite a collection of battery water bottles...I would hate to burn them if someone can use them

url

Do what I do - give them out to your less wealthy Dominican friends or family as most use 2 liter bottles but prefer to use the gallon jugs, especially if they have tops.

PabloPaul

Dec 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
Are they clear and clean gallon jugs?
If so I will take them all AND collect them.
If anyone else needs this service, PM me and I will try and do the same. I'm in need of many.
: P.

vevy

Feb 14, 2006
Burning plastic bottles

I find it hard to believe that you would even consider BURNING THE PLASTIC BOTTLES. Have you any idea as to how unhealthy this is to you and others around you? We know that this (the practice of burning garbage) may be a common method of destroying unwanted material in the DR , but please think of other ways to dispose of your plastic discards. I sincerely hope that you find a home for everyone of your bottles and that the future users do not consider BURNING!!!! Think carcinogens!! Sad, but those who burn rarely have to inhale the stench because the wind most often takes the foul odors in a direction opposite the burner. The rest of us have to breathe your noxious fumes... Curious but the current law reads that there is to be NO OPEN BURNING... and yet it continues night and day.

harrydr

On Vacation
Dec 12, 2006
anything but burn them

Please do not burn them. No matter what else you do, throw them in the trash, leave them in the street, give them away, they will 100% be reused or sold for recycling.

S

sokitoumi

dear vevy
please re read my post.....im recycling........... I said i would hate to burn them............why do people have to jump into everyhing with both feet