Orange Blackout Monday 17h30 /21h

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
No phone service ''coast to coast''.

I cannot see any information in newspapers.

May be orange is a big advertisers .

Anyone knows what happened?

P.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

P.
May I ask how you know that the "blackout" was coast to coast, if you can't find any news reports on the event?

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com

P.

Yes but it wasnt only on Monday, the service was getting weaker some days before that. My cel has excellent coverage normally even in weak areas and it was experiencing problems, I have just come back from an island trip and it was nil in some areas even in SD, their H.O. only said they have major problems throughout the DR, but they are working on it, there is a little improvement today, but its still not right. The calls were disconnecting even when I had full signal. Goodness knows what it will be like when the busy season starts

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I had no Orange service in Santiago for many hours on Monday until around 9pm.

Margery

Aug 1, 2007
No cell phone reception in Santiago

My fiance tells me that he received a text message from Orange stating the lines were in the process being serviced.

I could not contact him from here in the States.

A

apostropheman

any updates?

not sure if this is directly related but i have been unable to contact thru codetel/claro since late last night...nothing at all today except a message suggesting to call again later. this is to both cell and land lines.
My fiance tells me that he received a text message from Orange stating the lines were in the process being serviced.

I could not contact him from here in the States.
is claro GSM using some of the same cell towers as orange? not sure why but i am getting the same message on both the cell and land line numbers.

Last edited:

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
May I ask how you know that the "blackout" was coast to coast, if you can't find any news reports on the event?

Sorry Rocky for the delay to answer : I was driving in Gaspar Hernandez, (5pm) Cabarete, then Moca, I made a stop in STG at Orange calle del sol (7:30) and they told me ''es nacional, *555 can be reach too, our tech team works hard on it''

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Sorry Rocky for the delay to answer : I was driving in Gaspar Hernandez, (5pm) Cabarete, then Moca, I made a stop in STG at Orange calle del sol (7:30) and they told me ''es nacional, *555 can be reach too, our tech team works hard on it''
No problem.
I was just wanting to know how bad the problem was.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com