I'm going to School in DR... Please Help... Any Advice..

Newlifedrj

Oct 17, 2007
Que lo Que????.........

Hello, I'm Dominican and currently live in Florida.... Soy nuevo a ete forum...

I want to go back to DR and study Medicine. I'm extremely eager to go to my country... I wanted to know if any of you knew anything about these schools PUCMM and UASD (Universidad Autonoma). I plan on going to one of these..

Also have any of you heard of Apart-Hotels, where you stay and pay by either the week or month and the rooms are already furnished.. What would a nice apart room cost me a month? And, how long can one actually stay in these types of viviendas?? For Ex.. A year, a month, only days..???

Thanks In advance!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I think there's quite a big difference between PUCMM and UASD, on several counts!

DR1 has a student guide - http://www.dr1.com/students/guide/index.php/Main_Page

There are apart-hotels in the capital, do a search here on DR1 for specifics, and maybe explore other options like renting a room in a family home, or possibly a studio apartment.

PS Welcome to DR1!

Newlifedrj

Oct 17, 2007
Thanks!! I frequent other forums as well, Studentdoctor.net, ValueMD but this forum ta heavy.....lol

Newlifedrj

Oct 17, 2007
The apart-hotel I stay at is in the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo and the rates are $450-650/month depending on what room you like. This is also one of the more expensive parts of Santo Domingo. You can stay there indefinitely or short term, in which case the rent is $25-35/night depending if you want air conditioning or not. Send me private message if you want contact info.

Welcome to our little corner of the Snugglenets.

Thanks! I'll PM you...

Gossette Ortiz

Oct 17, 2007
I cant tell you much about colleges that are great even though i know that Intec and Unibe are good universities but i cant recomend but look into them.

And i can tell you as a realestate agent that you are better of trying to get a one or two bedroom apt for 15 to 20thousand a month and share with some one than renting one of those, i do know you will have to pay bills but with a roommate you are better of, this is my opinion because i helped a girl move out of one of those places thats not good.