just an imaginary question

S

sokitoumi

just an imaginary question. I mean would anyone be stupid enough to order the wrong size wood.............but does anyone know if anyone would cut it too the right size like strips instead of planks...obviously i would be too ashamed to go to the same place........who is the biggest plank

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
An imaginary answer: Sure if vocabulary or carpentry knowledge was not quite up to snuff.
There are lumber yards that can cut it for you. A lot depends on just where you are. In Santiago it would be a piece of cake to go down to Ochoa and get things that i wanted...or correct my mistakes...imaginarily, that is...I would neve make such a mistake...

HB

S

sokitoumi

i cant imagine anyone being so stupid...but if they were they might live in Sosua

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well if it is too large, easy to fix, if it is too small, maybe you can shrink the floor or house or window. Perhaps if your imaginary question has more imaginary details someone could provide you with a hypothetical answer to your query.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If, imaginerily that is, I were living in Sos?a, I think I would go over to a major lumber deposit, maybe Deposito Ferretero, and talk to the folks and see if they can reshape the pieces to proper size. OR it is possible, hypothetically that is, to convince the original vendor to take back the incorrect pieces and provide more appropriate lumber for the job.

However, if, imagine this scenario, the wood in question is say mahogany and already cut to size, then there might be a problem. If, however, the hypothetical case involves pine that has not already been cut to size, I would put on my "dumb gringo" face and go back to where I made my mistake, pucker up my a-hole and ask oh-so-politely that they help me out. You'd be surprised how well this works most times.

HB

S

sokitoumi

thank you i will do my best...........im embarressed that not much spanish has filtered into my brain yet in six months

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
In wonderland we can also come up with yet another solution to this Imaginary problem. Humpty can solicits the help of his friendly carpenter(if tools are available) to reshape planks on the location of the project. Now that being said please tell Humpty not to ask the same carpenter who help out in the beginning so no more mistakes are done because if the wood is cut smaller than what is needed then we have a problem. Suerte
AO

S

sokitoumi

ooops i just realised it was an imaginary question:dead:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Measure Twice, Cut Once"!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen "Carpenters", and "Plumbers" in the DR use a piece of string to know what length to cut a piece of wood,or pipe!!!

If the wood is too short,you can always cut a piece off the bottom,.to add to the top!;)

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

S

sokitoumi

my wood problem has been addressed ...thank you for your advice

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Would you, hypothetically that is, explain how the imaginary case was solved? It could serve as a theoretical basis for a new imaginary scenario.

Please.

HB

S

sokitoumi

I errrrm the person took the wood to the ferreteria in charamicos on the bend ...they will cut it for you if you havent bought it there ...it cost 200 pesos