mozzies in late Nov?

michiemee

Oct 12, 2007
Can anyone tell me mozzie situation is in late November in PC?
I'm heading down there and they just LOVE me...I got killed last year around the same time in Cuba. The hotel sprayed but they still manage to find me! :(
I'm bringing bug spray, but if it's really bad i'm considering bringing pants for all evenings!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Mozzies all-year round, I'm afraid... not sure about PC specifically though.

Bring repellent, and long 'pants' (sounds funny to a Brit) are your best bet for the evenings, which are nice and cool at that time of year.

Some people say that taking vitamin B6 helps repel them, but I've no idea whether this is fact or wishful thinking.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You would be wise to bring those long pants and socks for evening. Besides, you';ll look better. Bug spray (repellant) should have some DEET. There is a local product (DEPORTE) that is cheap and effective and available in the stores around PC.

I have been to PC several times and mozzies didn't bother me, but I might be too "local" for them. They seem to prefer new meat.

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Do what the locals do, long pants, long sleeve shirts. Aslo, the best stuff I have found back home is the Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535- it can be found on Amazon and is safe for the whole family. I use it with great results when I play golf here.

michiemee

Oct 12, 2007
awesome thanks for the tips everyone! I never go without Deet, when I get bitten I also swell :( So anything to help avoid it!!

S

sokitoumi

unfortunately peoples skin is different so what works for one doesnt always work for another...i find orange active OFF works well for me