car dealership in Sosua/P. Plata area?

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
i'm looking to buy a used Mitsubishi Montero (all black) for around 20.000-25.000 USD and wondering is there a car dealership on the north coast that has a large selection, or is it best to go to Santiago or SD for a few days and look thru dealerships there? thanks.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
i'm looking to buy a used Mitsubishi Montero (all black) for around 20.000-25.000 USD and wondering is there a car dealership on the north coast that has a large selection, or is it best to go to Santiago or SD for a few days and look thru dealerships there? thanks.
Way way better to go to Santiago and/or Moca.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Goto Santiago and look for a car dealer named Bautista. He was honest, I think so, and a fair price, thought the price was very high but appears to be the norm here. I liked it when I said you gota be sh%* me, how much. But a good guy. I'll go back to him for my next car.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
Make sure you get a US VIN check done. A lot of used cars, particularly in Moca and Santiago are ex. US flood damaaged, accident damanged cars or clocked. There is a dealer in Moca that seems to excel at this.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Make sure you get a US VIN check done. A lot of used cars, particularly in Moca and Santiago are ex. US flood damaaged, accident damanged cars or clocked. There is a dealer in Moca that seems to excel at this.
For the sake of us avoiding getting ripped off, what's the name of that dealer?

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
VIN Check

For the sake of us avoiding getting ripped off, what's the name of that dealer?

I'm not going to slate anyone's business, but 2 of the larger dealers, we ended up saying 'no' to about 8 of their cars. Perhaps I just picked the wrong cars....
Very simple to do a bit of due dilligence with a VIN check. I paid $US29 for the month and unlimited usuage.

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
cheap car wanted

im looking for a cheap car in the sosua area anything considered

also will be looking for an SUV @ $20k any suggestions

thanks