Destination Representative Jobs

Miss November

Oct 5, 2007
from-paradise.blogspot.com
Hey everyone,
i would like to work as a destination Rep, for the dominican republic, i wanted to know how i can apply, and if i need any special schooling, what are the requirements etc.....and if anyone knows any links or any helpfull sites for me to look at.
Thank you in advace!

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Graduate from Travel and Tourism at college, then apply for a job with a tour country in your country and ask to be assigned to the DR. Get in line as everyone seems to want this job. Good luck!

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
I have been researching this also. Contact tour companies in the city you reside in and go from there. Some require a diploma in a travel and tourism course etc... as well a second language is required in most cases.

curlyq

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
To be a Canadian Rep you need to be fluent in English, French, and Spanish. Many people from Quebec travel to the DR. You need the Spanish to communicate in your dealings with tours, bus drivers, hotel front desk, hospitals, etc. You have to be able to speak for the tourist that does not know Spanish.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
don t know for other country but in canada when you apply for a rep position from canada you can ask them you want to be in DR but nothing is sure because is the tour operator who will tell you where you work and that can be changed during the season if the tour operator need you in a other city or country.

carolathompson

Oct 11, 2007
there is a job posting for this career for sunquest vacations.....be aware as stated fluent in english and french a requirement, but its not for spanish........wonder why.
Here is a link for the job posting Sunquest Vacations

carolathompson

Oct 11, 2007
yes they are if you check it out........for all carribean countries.......or at least the destinations that airline goes to

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The language requirements are because the clients may speak english or french. The reps don't have to speak spanish, it is a bonus if they do but it is not required.

carolathompson

Oct 11, 2007
I realize why they require english and french planner. That is not why i said wonder why. I was just surprised this company doenst have spanish as a requirement, as most all others do , for the carribean destinations.

Charlielyn....if you cant use the link google sunquest careers and you can find the job posting thru that avenue

L

LarrySpencer

Spirit Airlines is looking for representatives at their ZF Hainamosa call center. That may be a good place for you to start.

melanie810

Nov 14, 2007
I realize why they require english and french planner. That is not why i said wonder why. I was just surprised this company doenst have spanish as a requirement, as most all others do , for the carribean destinations.

Charlielyn....if you cant use the link google sunquest careers and you can find the job posting thru that avenue

Hi! I am looking for a job in Puerto Plata, speak english, french, dutch and spanish. Have anyone a contactperson to apply?
thanks a lot! m?lanie