Acropolis Mall

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Hola everyone :classic:

The Acropolis Mall is an upscale shopping mall in Santo Domingo.

For those of you who are driving, you can park where the Outback sign is. There will be a guy who will look after your car. Just give him 20 pesos when you come back
np14eu.jpg

Make a right turn here to park
2jxvmx.jpg

Outback is now closed. Due to tax-related problems
2uikjdv.jpg

2djx6di.jpg

nwiu.jpg

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Does anyone know how the prices in this mall at the stores that are also in Canada and the USA (like Levi's Liz, Claiborn, Puma, Nine West, Zara...etc) compare to the prices in Canada and the States at the same stores?

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Does anyone know how the prices in this mall at the stores that are also in Canada and the USA (like Levi's Liz, Claiborn, Puma, Nine West, Zara...etc) compare to the prices in Canada and the States at the same stores?

The prices are pretty much the same.

On the third floor, there is a Hello Kitty store. The items there are more expensive than in the States (e.g. The Hello Kitty store in Times Square).

The Lacoste store on the first floor sells polo shirts for 2,500 pesos. In the States, they sell them for $75. So its pretty much the same.

Jeans in this mall are pretty pricey and the quality is not as good as in the States. For example, I bought 7's and True Religion jeans here in Boston for under $100 (they were on sale). But at the Acropolis, its much more.

If you guys want to meet up with nice girls, this is the place.
Well-educated, financially stable, have common sense, and well-mannered. I noticed that some of them are spoiled because their parents give them a very nice allowance. But hey, no one's perfect. :classic:

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
How about a place to find a man to give me a nice allowance to shop there?? lol
(just kidding...before I get any comments..hehe)

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
How about a place to find a man to give me a nice allowance to shop there?? lol
(just kidding...before I get any comments..hehe)

Good question alicious!!! ;)

Based on my visits to this mall, not many men come here. Just a bunch of college guys who come to grab a bite or see a movie.

Most of the people who visit are women (students and professionals) or moms who bring their babies or little kids.

And I noticed that most of the stores in this mall are targeting females.

For those of you who plan on going to T.G.I. Friday's on a weekend or at night, prepare to wait for at least 30 minutes to an hour.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Where in the city is this mall located ? - I will be staying right near the Intercontinetal Hotel and want to go by there and check it out. Taxi, Walk ???

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Where in the city is this mall located ? - I will be staying right near the Intercontinetal Hotel and want to go by there and check it out. Taxi, Walk ???

It looks like Chirimoya answered your question. :)

By foot, it took me around 45 minutes (from the Malecon).

By taxi, it takes around (depending on traffic) 15 minutes. It is a very clean and nice shopping mall.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
There's a large parking garage you enter from the street parallel to Churchill. Parking is free if you get your ticket stamped by one of the merchants.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Mega Centro Mall

Last week I spent a rainy day at the Mega Centro Mall and I found it very similar to malls in the Boston area. One differance is that ALL the fast food places in the food court sell beer. That is definitly not the case in Boston. It seemed very easy and convienent to spend a little time with someone you meet while shopping in a non-bar atmosphere. Mega Centro is larger than Acropolis and bills itself as the largest mall in the country. They also had a Jumbo food store and several department type stores with very reasonable prices and lots of employees that constantly offered help. The also had a Haunted House but it was not open while I was there and I caught a movie at the cinema. There was a concert going on in front of the mall that evening but I did not stay for it. The next time I am in the capital on a rainy day I will try the Accroppolis. I find the malls a good alternative to EL Conde and Potato Salad is right, the women are a step above and frequently beautiful.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Question...
What is the price of beers at the malls?

I remember the first time I went to a movie theater in the DR and how excited I was to be able to drink a beer in a movie theater :D

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Last week I spent a rainy day at the Mega Centro Mall and I found it very similar to malls in the Boston area. One differance is that ALL the fast food places in the food court sell beer. That is definitly not the case in Boston. It seemed very easy and convienent to spend a little time with someone you meet while shopping in a non-bar atmosphere. Mega Centro is larger than Acropolis and bills itself as the largest mall in the country. They also had a Jumbo food store and several department type stores with very reasonable prices and lots of employees that constantly offered help. The also had a Haunted House but it was not open while I was there and I caught a movie at the cinema. There was a concert going on in front of the mall that evening but I did not stay for it. The next time I am in the capital on a rainy day I will try the Accroppolis. I find the malls a good alternative to EL Conde and Potato Salad is right, the women are a step above and frequently beautiful.

MEGACENTRO WEBSITE

ACROPOLIS CENTER WEBSITE

-NALs