Caribe Tours

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Caribe Tours

Hola everyone :classic:

I took Caribe Tours from Sosua to Santo Domingo. There is no Metro bus station in Sosua.

Pros

• Departed and arrived on time
  • The temperature was just right and you can adjust it
  • The seats are comfortable

Cons
  • They had a movie on so I had trouble trying to sleep

Bus schedule at the station in Sosua
e6aavl.jpg

Picture of the bus station in Sosua
2sah0sp.jpg

108ag3n.jpg

My ticket :chinese:
2dt3jaa.jpg

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
2iax3cl.jpg

wrcso0.jpg

Picture taken inside the bus
34s07pl.jpg

i3c93p.jpg

Lights and A/C on top of you. If you are too cold, then you can just shut it off (close that thing you see in the pic)
wrm2e0.jpg

This bus made a stop in Santiago. I was very hungry again. So I just took off and went straight to Kukara Makara. :bunny:

A

apostropheman

while there is no station for the Metro there is a stop, in the parking lot of the farmacia, on the autopista by the texaco station...right at calle Dr. Rosen.

you get on the bus and pay the fare to the driver, or so i understand.

when i was heading to SD last there was no metro in site so i had to get a moto to los charamicos and catch the caribe tours. unfortunately i could see it leave while i was still on the moto....so i had to wait almost 1 hour for the nest one. :(

i'm not sure what route the metro takes but in the hour i waited for the caribe tours bus no meto bus passed...and i was watching for it. :paranoid::nervous::confused::confused:

paul3209

Sep 15, 2006
thanks for the caribe info and pictures. How far is the bus stop to the susua main strip. Also Is it safe to wait for the bus in the early morning.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
thanks for the caribe info and pictures. How far is the bus stop to the susua main strip. Also Is it safe to wait for the bus in the early morning.

You're very welcome :)

From Shark Bar to the bus station, it took around 15 minutes by foot.

I'm sorry, but I do not know if it is safe to wait for the bus in the early morning. Hopefully somebody else can answer that question for you. :classic:

A

apostropheman

did you walk from the shark bar to los charamicos???

you're a nut!
You're very welcome :)

From Shark Bar to the bus station, it took around 15 minutes by foot.

I'm sorry, but I do not know if it is safe to wait for the bus in the early morning. Hopefully somebody else can answer that question for you. :classic:
i've caught the 8:20am and 9:20am caribe tours many times without incident...if you're concerned just stay in the "terminal" until the bus arrives :)

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
did you walk from the shark bar to los charamicos???

you're a nut!i've caught the 8:20am and 9:20am caribe tours many times without incident...if you're concerned just stay in the "terminal" until the bus arrives :)

I ate too much so I had to walk. lol ;)

Seriously, I need to cut down on eating whenever I visit the DR. I eat like five meals and two snacks a day. Half of my budget is on food. lol

Very good idea about recommending staying in the terminal. :classic:

A

apostropheman

wow! it's not that it's a long walk, although it probably felt it, but that's not the safest road to walk along. the cars, trucks and motos are crazy along that stretch of the autopista.

at least you didn't try it at night :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

we should both get more exercise when in the DR. mi novia thinks i'm crazy to walk...walking for pleasure is not the norm i guess :)
I ate too much so I had to walk. lol ;)

Seriously, I need to cut down on eating whenever I visit the DR. I eat like five meals and two snacks a day. Half of my budget is on food. lol

Very good idea about recommending staying in the terminal. :classic:
thanks, the terminal also has A/C.

i prefer to sit outside at the little snack shack in the junk yard
and have a smoke and a coffee...but i'm weird...jejeje

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
wow! it's not that it's a long walk, although it probably felt it, but that's not the safest road to walk along. the cars, trucks and motos are crazy along that stretch of the autopista.

at least you didn't try it at night :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

we should both get more exercise when in the DR. mi novia thinks i'm crazy to walk...walking for pleasure is not the norm i guess :)thanks, the terminal also has A/C.

i prefer to sit outside at the little snack shack in the junk yard
and have a smoke and a coffee...but i'm weird...jejeje

I love to walk whenever I am in the DR. But my problem is that I always stop somewhere to grab a snack. lol

When is your next trip? :classic:

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
...How far is the bus stop to the susua main strip. Also Is it safe to wait for the bus in the early morning.
Maybe 1 1/2miles. Take a moto for about $1 if you have little or no luggage. If you have a lot, splurge on a taxi for around $5.

How early? I've never had a problem waiting inside or outside the terminal, but i've never been there before it was light out.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Very good thread...

Anyone knows the schedule from St:eek: Domingo to Sosua or knows the when the last bus leaves St:eek: Domingo?

A

apostropheman

here is the schedule for Caribe Tours: (for leaving Santo Domingo hit "Horarios" then Horarios Desde Santo Domingo)
Caribe Tours C. Por A.

the last bus leaving SD for Sosua is at 7:00pm :)
Anyone knows the schedule from St:eek: Domingo to Sosua or knows the when the last bus leaves St:eek: Domingo?

Maggie6872

Jul 18, 2005
last bus out

My suggestion would be to get your ticket well beforehand if you want the last bus out. A couple of times I have gone at 4 or 5pm intending to get a ticket on the 7pm bus and found that it was already sold out, so I had to take an earlier bus.