Metro Bus

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Metro Bus

Hola everyone :chinese:

From Santiago to Santo Domingo, I took the Metro.

The bus arrived 30 minutes late. I do not know why.

When I got on the bus, all lights were turned off and there were neither a movie nor music being played. So I was able to take a nice nap.

As this bus arrived in Santo Domingo, the driver made an illegal U-Turn. So the cop stops him and they argue for around 15 minutes.

The passengers were getting impatient. I did not mind. But I was getting very hungry again. :tired: :bored:

All of a sudden, a cute girl in front of me tells me in fluent English that there is a delay because the driver made an illegal U-turn.

So I started to chat with her. She lives in New York (another Yankee fan :tired:) and visited Korea during this past summer. She spoke a few Korean phrases which was quite impressive (but she's still a Yankee fan :tired:).

She's originally from Santiago and was visiting family in Santo Domingo.

I sat next to a gentlemen who also spoke pretty good English. He told me that he is a lawyer. He gave me his business card. Mr. Gomez is his name. A very nice guy.

So ladies and gentlemen, one reason why I recommend taking the bus. ;)

Bus schedule
200g3yr.jpg

df94zd.jpg

vdokdi.jpg

f9qfso.jpg

A

apostropheman

thanks for the pics of the schedules! most useful! :)

while there is no station for the Metro there is a stop, in the parking lot of the farmacia, on the autopista by the texaco station...right at calle Dr. Rosen.

you get on the bus and pay the fare to the driver, or so i understand.

when i was heading to SD last there was no metro in site so i had to get a moto to los charamicos and catch the caribe tours. unfortunately i could see it leave while i was still on the moto....so i had to wait almost 1 hour for the nest one. :(

i'm not sure what route the metro takes but in the hour i waited for the caribe tours bus no meto bus passed...and i was watching for it. :paranoid::nervous::confused::confused: ...i just found out that they only run every 4 or 5 hours and i was aiming for the 9:20am...oh well:bunny::bunny:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Would you say that the Metro busses are much nicer than Caribe Tours?

Hey Rocky :)

Do you mean in terms of comfort or overall experience?

In terms of comfort, both are pretty much the same.

Caribe had the TV on so I had trouble trying to sleep. But the Metro had nothing on so I was able to take a nap. Maybe it was because of the time of day, I do not know.

Caribe Tours arrived and departed on time. On the other hand, the Metro arrived around 30 minutes late.

In Sosua, there is no Metro bus station. So I just took Caribe Tours in Sosua.

I met a cute girl in the Metro bus so the Metro gets an extra point. ;)

But in terms of which one is better, it is hard for me to say.

In terms of ribs or breakfast, Rocky's without a doubt!!! :bunny:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
thanks for the pics of the schedules! most useful! :)

while there is no station for the Metro there is a stop, in the parking lot of the farmacia, on the autopista by the texaco station...right at calle Dr. Rosen.

you get on the bus and pay the fare to the driver, or so i understand.

when i was heading to SD last there was no metro in site so i had to get a moto to los charamicos and catch the caribe tours. unfortunately i could see it leave while i was still on the moto....so i had to wait almost 1 hour for the nest one. :(

i'm not sure what route the metro takes but in the hour i waited for the caribe tours bus no meto bus passed...and i was watching for it. :paranoid::nervous::confused::confused: ...i just found out that they only run every 4 or 5 hours and i was aiming for the 9:20am...oh well:bunny::bunny:

Thank you apostropheman for the information!!! It was great to see you again!!! :classic:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear Salad: Next time you are coming to Santiago, at least drop me a line.
And I do agree with your comments on Metro.
Metro: Santiago-Sto Dgo= $240
Caribe Tours-Santiago-Sto Dgo = $200 (but with possible stops in La Vega and Km 9)
AETRA Bus-Santiago- Sto Dgo = $165 (popular music, good AC, common folks-Stops several times, goes fast. Will stop at most convenient place for you.)
Transporte Espinal (no price but heard $200)...never taken it.
HB

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Dear Salad: Next time you are coming to Santiago, at least drop me a line.
And I do agree with your comments on Metro.
Metro: Santiago-Sto Dgo= $240
Caribe Tours-Santiago-Sto Dgo = $200 (but with possible stops in La Vega and Km 9)
AETRA Bus-Santiago- Sto Dgo = $165 (popular music, good AC, common folks-Stops several times, goes fast. Will stop at most convenient place for you.)
Transporte Espinal (no price but heard $200)...never taken it.
HB

Thank you Hillbilly for your kind words and information!!! I greatly appreciate it!!! :classic: