the feds want to CUT the number of flights out of JFK

Sep 19, 2005
I cant help but think that would have some effect on flights to the DR. for one AA sends at least 4 flights a day down to the DR !!!! they say that because there are constant delays and that spills over into late arrivals and departures at other airports that accept flights from JFK.

Funny thing is the flight I always take 833 at 6 am is seldom late...maybe 10-15 minutes if at all. What i have noticed is that many flights are late because the plane wasnt preped in time....and or ground crews havent made docking ready...almost every flight back home is delayed getting to the terminal!!!!!!! I cant count how many times the pilot says Hello folks we are waiting for airport personel to get out gate ready!!

they know days ahead when a flight is supposed to land so they must know that the gate has to be ready....but they just dont do it.( thats not american airlines,, thats JFK airport workers)

either they do things at their own pace because they are unionized and want to flex their muscles, or they are understaffed at the airport.

From the shear numbers of TSA employees i see going and coming each time I go there. i have a hard time beliveing staffing is the issue.

I know they busted their hump at STI on my last flight to get that plane loaded and ready to go...even though it seemed like all 300 people who were flying showed up at the same time only 1 hour before the flight!!!!

it was the worst late surge I had ever seen...but that plane was loaded and ready only 5 minutes after scheduled time!!!

then we sat there because of rain for 1 hour!!! ha ha ha ha

so does anyone think they will cut some DR flights????

I know it can take 15 minutes for a plane that landed at JFK to actually drive over to the gate!!!! they are so far away sometimes!!

I have said before it is amazing how many planes you can see in a line taking off and climbing in the sky over LI SOUND.......they look like they are only 30 seconds behind each other!!!!!

bob

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
AA have cut their number of flights from JFK to SDQ to 3 per day, last flight leaves JFK at approx. 01 00 pm, no more late flight.
The same is going to happen from MIA to SDQ next month. AA reduces to 3 flights per day, last flight at 04 30 pm, no more late flight (AA 1901).

From my 10+ flights per year with AA to JFK and MIA since 15 years, only two (leaving SDQ) were delayed by approx. 2 hours, because one time the computersystem broke down and the second time the aircraft had a technical problem.
Both times they rebooked me quite generous, upgrade for Business Class with Iberia to Europe.

I think that's quite a good record.

Generally, I avoid travelling between 15th of December and 15th of January, because that's a caotic period everywhere.

As I have onward flights I'm affected by delays.

Btw, could anyone advise about transport systems between Newark and JFK in respect of time, regardless of price?

Thank's