UN to investigate racism in DR

DannyVC

Oct 16, 2007
www.myspace.com
I feel like instead of the UN sending commissions to the DR to investigate racism it should worry about improving conditions in Haiti so that they wouldn't all have to come over here. Why is the Dominican Republic, a developing country itself, one which can barely handle the needs of the Dominican People, also be expected to take on the burdens of the Hatian population? There are more Haitians in the DR now than at any other time in it's history except maybe before 1844. I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but recently I have read multiple stories about Racism in the DR and even slavery in the DR! In NYC there was even a campaign to denounce Juan Pablo Duarte as a a racist and an inspiration for the KKK! The wikipedia entry on the DR gets vandalized almost daily, and I don't even need to mention those two "documentaries" that where made. It seems to me like someone (who?) has an agenda to discredit the DR in the international stage. But anyway I just wanted to get that off my chest, any thoughts?:ermm:

Estrella1

Jan 13, 2006
I heard 2 or 3 months ago that an international campaign would be made to discredit Dominican Republic in the world. At that time, I don't remember who told me that, they said that it was organized by some other countries suffering from the Dominican concurrency. It seems that this campaign is very expensive...It should be better to use that money to help Ha?tian people and give them the possibility to stay in their country. But in that case it would not solve the problem of concurrency!!!
I don't say that the situation of all those poor people is good, but Dominicans cannot solve the problem alone, they also are poor! I think it is urgent to find a solution because there are more and more Ha?tians in the Dominican Republic and it could be a problem in the future!!!