Team leader Looking for Work

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
hello all
Its a sad day for many that work for Grupo Opus Gamma in Snatiago. We had to close down our office. We simply did not have the cash flow needed to maintain the production to compete locally with more experience centers such as NEarcom and other small-mid size centers. I appreciate all the help everyone gave my wife Karina and my self the last Year and some months.
After relocating to Santiago it would be very hard financially for my family to move back so my wife and I have decided to tryout the local employment arena.
Karina does not have a Cedula so this effort is mainly to help her get some employment.
attach is a copy of her resume
CALLE 17 NO.2 CERROS DON Antonio, SANTIAGO REPUBLICA DOMINICANA
PHONE (***)******* (***) *******∙ EMAIL∙ IVISKARINA@GMAIL.COM
IVIS KARINA LAGOS
OBJECTIVE: Lend My service to a company that is looking to expand their current market shares. The Ideal Position will be one that will allow me to utilize my experience in Hiring managing and training new staff to tackle new project.

EXPERIENCE:
Grupo Opus Gamma Santiago, DR
Quality Control/Project Manager February2007-Oct 07
As a project manager I was my sole duty to make sure that the sales team and supervisor adhere to the guides of the project. Some of my daily task where: Sales meting, double checking that sales where imputed properly in to our application software, Listening to all sales recording to double check that every one in my team was following the business process layout by the client. I also served as the project recruiter and HR manager. I am very familiar with local labor codes and have experience hiring staff for young companies.

Nearcom Santiago, DR
Quality Control January 2007
As Quality Control I made sure every sale was done properly, and within company compliances. Fallowed up with customers to ensure any questions they had were answered and helped solve any issues that arrived. By monitoring all agents during both shifts I helped them do a better job and be better sales agents. I also interview many prospects for the positions available, and did weekly evaluations.

First Magnus Financial Phoenix, AZ
Quality Control/ Loan Consultant July 04 – April 06
Provide customers with information and advice on their mortgage financial situation. Pre-underwrote mortgage notes and summated to whole sale underwriters to get approval for the loan officer in the team I worked with. I was responsible for send all the documentation to the clients and making sure that the client sent back the proper documentation for the completion of the mortgage process. In essence I was a Retail Loan processor.

Oasis Insurance Phoenix, AZ
Insurance Agent Jan 04-July04
It was my primary job duty to provide sales support and great customer service to our non-English speaking clientele. I underwrote their insurance policies, inspected vehicles and orientated customer on their rights and how to property utilize their insurance. I was trained to handle a large volumes of incoming calls since we had to provide customer service to existent clients and also provides quotes to interest prospects. I’ am proficient in various application software such as the ones provided by Progressive, Bench Mark and AIG.

Day Care Council of New York INC New York, NY
Assistant Coordinator Summers 2000-2003
Assistant coordinator for a not for profit organization on a project called Hit the Streets in which we delivered Health and Safety Kits to informal Day care providers in all five boroughs including Staten Island. Responsible for organizing daily activities and visits through a program called Street Finder, and city maps. Came up with logistic strategies for delivering the safety kits. Organized weekly meetings for two teams, and distributed clerical work to be done after the meetings, including mailing and fallow up calls to informal providers.

Century 21 Department Store New York, NY
Sales Associate Summer, 2001
Sales associate in the European department, responsible for helping customers find the items they were looking for, answered any questions they had regarding the merchandise, making the store environment as pleasant as possible for their shopping experience, and making sure they left the store satisfied.

SKILLS: Language: Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish
Computer: Windows XP. Word, Power Point, Microsoft Excel
Excellent Leadership and Customer Service Skills, Great Listener

EDUCATION: Stony Brook University Stony Brook, NY
Bachelor in Psychology and Sociology December 2003

State University of New York at Cobleskill Cobleskill, NY
Associate degree in Social Sciences December 2001

References will be furnish upon request

Thank You all
Albin and Karina

Last edited:

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Thanks to all for the support

A lot has happen in our boring lives since posting the our small company was closing down. We had to reanalyze our situation and see if working for someone else will get us back to square one since we a in a financial bind. Well in behave of my family we thank all of those that had positive things to said to us.
We are fighters and. I ma a believer of picking things up right where you let them last.
Karina and I cma here to Santiago to be Selfemployee earning dollars i nthe US residential Mortgage industry. Do to the crash of the Real state industry The Mortgage compny I worked with decalred bankrupt.........................and many Loan Originators found themselves in the same situation the I was is............Looking for a new way to make moeny.....
The last 2 years I have learn a great deal about running a call center and thinking that every one that gives you a hand is looking out for your best interest. LOL was I wrong. People I trusted did the oposite and thne turned arround and stick a knife in me...............
Well to make things short and to give my input on how to come out on top after loosing everything.
This is what I did.

I got onthe internet jobbing,monster and a few other sites and posted my resume to play the employement market. This gave me time to think and also busted my ego since I got more replies thnat I was hopping for. After several interviews and very upsetting offers by employers I realize that i woul never be happy working for some one esle after being and Owner.
So I sing an agreement to open a Mortgage Brnach in ZOna Franca. Onces again I will be in control of my fiancial destiny. This is every business we have to produce to make moeny but is better that working for some one you will not even consider a friend.
DR1ers please dont ever give up on your dreams. I ma 29 and I relocate to Santiago following a dream and have been on top an on a Motoconcho and still happy ot be here.
Grupo Opus Gamma will reopen its doors in January with a new focus, To do Mortgages and sell ledas to a few mid size lenders i nthe Southwest.
Once agian Gracias
Albin...........
You have to think anyways, why not think big
D. Trump

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
chola1978,

I'm glad to hear that you are starting a new business. Note: Please reread your resume as there are numerous grammatical errors. I say this with all due respect and not to sound pompous. Either way, good luck.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
I will let Karina my wife know since this is her resume.
PS I ma a terrible speller just check my 300 plus post all have errors. so dont worry. I have learn to deal with it. I hope most of the DR1 regular support me o nthis.