Anybody a car fan or heavy truck fan?

Rafael Perez

Oct 21, 2007
Hi there folks. this is my first thread and I'm very curious to know if anybody in this thread is a car enthusiast or heavy truck enthusiast. It is very difficult to find people interested on either of these in DR. I , for the most part, am addicted to trucks, and i'm not talking about pick-ups, I'm talking about 18 wheelers and rigids. myy favorite trucks are the ones that you can see on the highways, the ones that have like a steel or wooden bodies and are covered with either orange, yellow, or blue grey tarps. They mostly loaded wither either ground corn, or soybean or chicken feed. And most of themo are in a union called "sindicato de camioneros y furgoneros" followed by the name of the region their union are located. i was lucky to take a few pics of those trucks in 1996 and this year (2007) as well. Since you folks travel around the island alot, maybe you can tell me where can I go to take pictures of those trucks while they are parked? it is hard to take a picture while they are in motion. some truckser told me that if I go to puerto plata, I'll go nuts because there are so many of them. But the problem is that the truckers didnt told me specifically where in Puerto plata. You guys got any idea. ANd I been searching for the rare truck band, which is M.A.N Diesel, the long nose version, probably from 1970's or something. thanKs. I'm very happy to know that there are plenty of car brands In DR that are not available in North America, which makes DR unique to car and truck enthusiasts.