Justice, DR style!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
*** Warning, this is graphic! ***

My advice, don't try and rob a banca!

YouTube - Matan Ladron que intentaba robar en Banca

Apparently the guy in the orange shirt that did the shooting escaped.
The mob surrounded the 2 cops and forced them to let the guy go.

Notice how many people are carrying guns.
A bit more of this type of stuff on youtube, may discourage thieves from pursuing their careers.
I have no sympathy whatsoever for them.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I tend to agree with those lynching, because of the usual inefficiency of the police. Bad guys have to be scared of something. However it is always a thin line... You never know what can happen with an over-armed crowd...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The only problem I have with this video is he should not of been thrown off the balcony-they should of taken him up to the roof and flung unceremoniously into the arms of his adoring fans.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Se jodio.....

Vigilante/Pre-historic justice......It doesn't get any "better" than that.

Amazing!!.

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
i just hope they got the right guy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)still a good deterent,hope the bastards who robbed my bomba are watching.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I tend to agree with those lynching, because of the usual inefficiency of the police. Bad guys have to be scared of something. However it is always a thin line... You never know what can happen with an over-armed crowd...

There's no such thing as a "legitimate" lynching, especially where only alleged theft of property is concerned.

Maybe he was guilty, maybe not. That's what the police and courts are for. While it's not a perfect system, it's better than some chopo or redneck with a revolver deciding what constitutes appropriate justice.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
That's what you get for stealing RD$31,000 - what do you get for RD$55 billion?

A decade (minus 9 years 11 months off for good behavior), in an extremely comfortable prison (think Goodfellas, plus an unlimited amount of conjugal visits).

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
That's what you get for stealing RD$31,000 - what do you get for RD$55 billion?
Well, in the street the punishment would be the same.

In the court system, the poor guy (poor as in no money, not as in feeling pity) punished in the video would had been released for "lack of evidence" and the rich guy got jail time pending.

-NALs :ermm:

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
In the court system, the poor guy would have received a overworked, below average lawyer (at best), and would have more or less been summarily convicted.

The Baninter guys left a paper trail a mile long. They were so lazy and sloppy that even their elite friends couldn't cover for them.

NALs, why don't you take one of your (in)famous polls, and see how many people think those two will be spending anywhere near 10 years doing hard time?