Van Wyndham Tangerine Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

shojee

Aug 19, 2007
Viva Wyndham Tangerine, Puerto Plata

Oops I meant Viva Wyndham Tangerine, Puerto Plata. Looking for a short vacation at the end of November. Golfing, water sports, and some excursions.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Viva Wyndham Tangerine is actually in the town of Cabarete. It's on the western edge of town, but still on the main bay. About a 10 minute walk along the beach to the center of town.

While I've not stayed there, I think it's a good choice . You have the benefits of an all-inclusive, the beach is nice and if the wind is good a lot of kitesailing to watch, and you can enjoy not only the hotel but the bars and restaurants on the beach in town.

I've known several people that have stayed there and enjoyed it. I also know someone that works there, so if you have specific questions I can attempt to get an answer for you.

For golf, there's Playa Dorada about 30 minutes to the west, and the phenomenal Playa Grande course at Rio San Juan about 45 minutes to the east.

shojee

Aug 19, 2007
Thanks all for your information and for the private message. It makes me feel better knowing some info about this resort. I am also glad to hear there may be DR1 people around at the same time....I will keep my eyes open....
Thanks again for all of your info. The beaches, the surfers, the rum....mmmm I can taste it all already.....

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We live just down the street from there and have had clients that have stayed there all with good reviews. Come and enjoy.

Bob K

shojee

Aug 19, 2007
Viva Wyndham Tangerine, Puerto Plata

Thanks Bob. by looking at the tourist sties on the computer I know I will enjoy. Also, thank you for your positive confirmation regarding this resort.
I am just counting the days........

CommTHOR

Nov 7, 2005
Stayed there in April 2006. Was pretty decent at the time. Great location if you don't want to stay holed up in a resort the entire time too.

shojee

Aug 19, 2007
Viva Wyndham Tangerine Resort

Thanks for your response and information. You think like us. We too are from Canada and looking for a warm vacation before the winter hits us...We will be there at the end of November....so when you return, I wouldn't mind your opinions, suggestions, hints etc. thanks again.

Mooseman

Oct 28, 2007
Thanks for your response and information. You think like us. We too are from Canada and looking for a warm vacation before the winter hits us...We will be there at the end of November....so when you return, I wouldn't mind your opinions, suggestions, hints etc. thanks again.

I will do that - not sure if I will have Internet access there, but will try to post messages while we are there if possible.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I'm not certain how Viva Tangerine is set up for internet access, but if you bring a laptop there are many free wifi spots on the beach in the center of town. A 12 minute walk for you along the bay... or 2 minutes by taxi.

Not on the beach, but closer is La Campagna sandwich shop in Ocean Dream Plaza with wifi. On the beach there may be something closer to you, possibly Marabu which is about a 4 or 5 minute walk from Viva... or in the other direction toward Kite Beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.