Thread: Student Visa

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Student Visa

Any experiences/thoughts regarding the possibility of a dominican national getting a US student visa ?

Post Thanks / Like

I will give you the link to read Student Visas

We've had one Dominican that posted her experience about trying to get a student visa to the US. She seemed to have all her ducks in a row but sadly she was denied. I can't seem to find that thread it at this moment perhaps later.

Ok found it, here is that thread http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/5973...y-visa-us.html
    Last edited by AnnaC; 10-24-2007 at 04:46 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're looking to do it to avoid the K1 or other marriage based visa process you will be wasting alot of money and in the end you may end up banned from the US if they think your intent was to immigrate. Otherwise it is extremely difficult to get a student visa. They want to see the money in an account for the tuition and living expenses in the US and here is the catch, they want to see it accumulated over a period of time and not just plopped into an account all at once because this may signal fraud.

-Tim

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you Tim - I live in the US and since all the K visas are extremely difficult, I am looking for other alternatives to bring my novia over. In the end I guess that I might bring her to Europe, get her the citizenship from the country where I was born then get her to the states with that passport. One cannot help but wonder, why is the INS or whatever is called now so "friendly" towards the dominicans....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by korejdk View Post
    thank you Tim - I live in the US and since all the K visas are extremely difficult, I am looking for other alternatives to bring my novia over. In the end I guess that I might bring her to Europe, get her the citizenship from the country where I was born then get her to the states with that passport.
    It sounds like a K-1 or K-3 visa would be easier than what your contemplating.

Miami Nice!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by korejdk View Post
    thank you Tim - I live in the US and since all the K visas are extremely difficult, I am looking for other alternatives to bring my novia over. In the end I guess that I might bring her to Europe, get her the citizenship from the country where I was born then get her to the states with that passport. One cannot help but wonder, why is the INS or whatever is called now so "friendly" towards the dominicans....
    It's called ... VISA FRAUD!!!

Tim...right on the money, as usual!!! You read right through him!!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If you really want to legally circumvent the DR process, consider getting married in a third country like Honduras. You then apply for a K3 which will be processed in the country where the marriage took place. We have already had one such successful visa issued on my web site (which is down right now due to a hardware failure). This guy's wife is here on American soil with him. He was married in Honduras, and processed a successful K3 in 7 months.

-Tim

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Tim! Since I looked more into it I guess that the best way is to get her to Europe ( if we ever really get to that stage ), marry her there ( I have dual citizenship ) and get her that passport in 3 years. The only reason why I do want to do this is to hedge - you never know what the future holds. Please pm me your website once it's back up.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is Tim's website once it's back online

http://dominicanstotheusa.com/forums...059c0aeefc3129

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    Here is Tim's website once it's back online

http://dominicanstotheusa.com/forums...059c0aeefc3129
    Thanks Anna! You can get updates on the main page, Dominicanstotheusa.com

-Tim