Overseas firm seeking staff

batson56

Oct 24, 2007
We are a Plumbing Service and Contracting firm, here in Bermuda. Established over 40 years.
The DR is busy, I know, and so is Bermuda!!

We are trying to source time served and experienced Plumbing Service Mechanics, who are willing to relocate for periods of one year, or more.

We'd like to hear from you, or anyone you know, for whom this sounds interesting, and who is serious about an opportunity to work overseas.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear Batson56: I do not think you will get much of a response from Dominican plumbers, since most have never touched a computer keyboard.
You might find an ex-pat or two willing to move over there for a year.
Like most of these Caribbean nations, plumbers, electricians, carpenters and bricklayers are in scarce supply. Good ones that is.

I do wish you luck. You might try the Dominican Ministry of Labor (:: Secretaria de Estado de Trabajo ::)

Ciao,

HB

batson56

Oct 24, 2007
Thanks HB

Appreciate your input. Am hoping that I would get replies from Computer literate persons anyway. I was planning on placing an advert in a daily newspaper, but this method weeds out a lot of 'fly by nights'. If you have info on DR Trade Schools, or Trade Associations that helps...and I will try the link you provided.

Again thanks...

batson 56

batson56

Oct 24, 2007
Labour Site

Hi HB
I realise that Spanish is the language in DR. Is that site available in english? Is there an english language newspaper in DR?

Thanks your help

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004

batson56

Oct 24, 2007
Looking for Plumbers

CFA123
Many thanks! And very helpful.
Only problem is I need these translated into English but will establish contact and have them do it and resubmit.

Appreciate the help.
Regards

batson

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Hillbilly is right. I think it would be hard to find a single plumber on this island that ever sent an email much less be computer proficient. Then there is the language barrier. You would probably do better looking for plumbers in PR, the VI or Florida for that matter. Heck I even know a guy in Orlando who made less that 30k a year doing that and he had like 20 years experience.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Jose Garcia

He is a 55 year utility man that in his youth did plumbing work and is a Truck mechanic
I you think this is the type fo employee your looking for Pm me and i get you his personal contact. He just got back from spending 6 month in Pennsylvania repairing some wood floors for a friend of the family that owns a few homes out there.
Albin

batson56

Oct 24, 2007
Thanks Albin,
This Mr. Garcia will need to demonstrate a clear history of training and experience in the Plumbing field to work here. This would be evidenced by certificates from trade schools, and work experience 'on the tools'. If he has these, then he is welcome to forward his resume (in English) to me, via this site or give me an email address to communicate on.

Thanks and regards
batson56

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
re plumber wanted

hi there
im moving from the uk next month to sosua, im a mechanical engineer do you have any opportunities

austensmith

Nov 11, 2007
In regards to employment in Bermuda

Good evening, I am 27 years of age, and just obtained my Master Plumber's license, and would be interested in such a position. How would one apply for such a position? I do possess a vast knowledge of the trade, along with exceptional work ethics.

Austen Smith

austensmith

Nov 11, 2007
In regards to employment in Bermuda

With all due respect, what type of salary or hourly wage is to be expected?

Austen Smith