Abuse on the Job here in the Domincan Republic

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
We have a very nice neighbor that works for a call center here in Puerto Plata. She has only been there 3 weeks. She speaks and writes both Spanish and English. She was born in America but is really a Dominican lady, both speech and appearance. Any way, she was given some documents from her manager about the project she was working on and as she looked at them later discovered additional pages that were included (perhaps by accident?) about her. This is a quote "she is not doing what we want, get rid of the bitch, get someone better". Being an American I suggested that if this was an American company would she marry me cause she is going to be rich after the courts finish with these assh^&*'s/. I suggested 2 things. Forget about it cause it will just eat away at you, are confront her manager, but don't wait, act now. I also suggested she see a Dominican Lawyer cause I don't know Dominican laws. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, the guy that owns the company is an American, (certainly makes me feel proud, NOT) but the work is done here in the Dominicna Republic.

thank you Phil

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I guess I'm missing your point.
She's only been on the job for three weeks. Up to 3 months, they can get rid of her without cause. Period, end of story.

They could say what was written to her face if they wanted to. The fact that she saw someone's comments that were written about her doesn't change anything.

And perhaps she should do some honest self assessment to try to understand why they have such a low opinion of her.

The question is Do they have to write that she is a bitch?

Not very professional

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
perhaps that's their subtle way of telling her to move on
I am surprised that she's staying on...

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i would tell her to get used to the idea that she is not going to be employed there very long and to look for a new job NOW! if she has only been there 3 weeks great, she hasn't invested 3 years on these clowns. probationary periods are a 2 way street. she should start calling in sick on days she will be needed most, forgetting to do important tasks, sabotage, poke holes in their condoms, leave condoms where wives and girlfriends will find them...............above all, make sure that she doesn't let them get behind with her pay, it could be a lot of trouble to get that last check.