advice on towels

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
if this saves some readers a few bucks it's worth my time to write it. i have been told by my staff in SD that i should only buy white towels from now on because dominican soap very quickly ruins the colors in those i have now. there is probably truth in this as i am sure they are not using expensive name brands from the US. so, if you are setting up new digs in the DR keep this in mind. i have also noticed that if dominicans don't use clorox they think it can't be clean....................

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Doesn't Matter "WHAT" You Do!!

If a Dominican is washing your clothes,they will be RUINED and Very Quickly!!!

Dominican laundry powder is VERY alkalin! Dominican women,men NEVER do "Women's work here!,use three or four times more powder than needed!
They also like to "soak" laundry for "days" in a bucket with water and soap powder! This will nearly "dissolve" the clothes! you have spoken of the "Cloro" problem,but they not only use too much,they pour it in,so it "splashes" all over any clothes in the area so everything will have little white "spots" at best,and "streakes" at worst! The ONLY way to avoid all this is to do ALL laundry YOURSELF!!!!! If you actually think you can show/teach ANY Dominican woman how to do laundry "Your Way", FORGET IT!! They MAY do it "yourway" in front of you,but the second you turn away, it's back to "A pound of "powder",and a gallon of "Cloro"!!!!!!!!!

By-The-Way, the same goes for trying to teach/show ANY Dominican ANYTHING you could ever want them to do in an "intellegent",Timely,or Cost effective manner!

So,don't waist your time TRYING!! They will do "IT" the way they have alway "Done It" here! You CAN NOT Teach A Dominican "DOG",ANY "New Tricks"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MANY have tried! All Have Failed!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If you actually think you can show/teach ANY Dominican woman how to do laundry "Your Way", FORGET IT!! They MAY do it "yourway" in front of you,but the second you turn away, it's back to "A pound of "powder",and a gallon of "Cloro"!!!!!!!!!
Have to disagree with you on this one.
Although I have gone through the bad destructive laundry experiences with maids, I no longer have this problem.
They use my giant washing machine and use the correct amount of soap and know that Cloro is forbidden.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You Have Just "Shot Yourself In The foot!!!!"

Next time I am in Sosua,I am going to steal one of your maids!!!

Will you give me the fact that your "Girls" are the Exception that proves the "Rule", at least???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
If you actually think you can show/teach ANY Dominican woman how to do laundry "Your Way", FORGET IT!! They MAY do it "yourway" in front of you,but the second you turn away, it's back to "A pound of "powder",and a gallon of "Cloro"!!!!!!!!!

CCCCC
Why don't you stop complaining and take it like a man?!
You are always complaining about Dominicans because you did not do your homework before marrying one.

I did not marry a gringa because I would always be complaining about the woman been too fat or having ugly feet. ALL gringas have big ugly feet with crooked toes or bunions. As a matter of fact, they could sleep standing on their feet. I just see them coming and get out of their way!
But you would never hear me complain about it. :D

I did my homework. The minute I felt in love with the woman I married I told her to take off her shoes. That saved me from fabricating any excuse or escaping in the middle of the night.

Boston will always be there for you.:laugh:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
ALL gringas have big ugly feet with crooked toes or bunions. As a matter of fact, they could sleep standing on their feet. I just see them coming and get out of their way!
:laugh:
Your feet are ugly. Your feet are ugly. Your feet are ugly.
dance11.gif

Your feet are ugly. Your feet are ugly. Your feet are ugly.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dear "Petaka"...............

The minute I fell in LUST with the woman "I" married,I asked her to take her pants off! I guess we differ on what part of a woman's anatomy is most sexually stimulating!:cheeky::cheeky:
Never got into that "FOOT THING" ,Thank God!!
Always liked a great "Piece-of-ASS"!. Never a good "Toe Job"!!!;)

To each his own!! Best of luck on your special, "Relationship"!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcc

PS:, "Yo "Rock"!!! Where did you get that old movie of me???

I am in Boston right now! Hoping to get a "Foothold" here soon!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Will you give me the fact that your "Girls" are the Exception that proves the "Rule", at least???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Certainly when it comes to house maids.
I believe that they are more flexible about learning new or different work methods when working for a commercial establishment.

Bok

Mar 13, 2004
you have spoken of the "Cloro" problem,but they not only use too much,they pour it in,so it "splashes" all over any clothes in the area so everything will have little white "spots" at best,and "streakes" at worst!

That's exactly how our maid gets new clothes!!

A brand new polo gets a few drops and I say "Well, that's the end of that one. You can have it."

Funny how it only happens to the new ones...............

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My "Ex-Maid" Was more "Dominican" Than Yours!!!

My clothes kept disapearing!
When she "Left" :cheeky: I found a bunch of my clothes hidden under her mattress. ALL with the "CLORO TOUCH"!!!!
............and people ask,..."Why are you so "Down" on all Duminicans????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Sep 19, 2005
My clothes kept disapearing!
When she "Left" :cheeky: I found a bunch of my clothes hidden under her mattress. ALL with the "CLORO TOUCH"!!!!
............and people ask,..."Why are you so "Down" on all Duminicans????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

what do you care they dont fit anymore anyway!!!!

bob

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Ah, "Cris," ever "the" "poet" with "your" clever "posts."

"By the way," "Robert" doesn't pay "you" if "you" use a "certain" number of "quotes" in your "posts."

btw, "sorry" to hear the "news" about your "gross obesity" issues. :tired:

DROBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB :pirate: